Spotpass in Streetpass Mii Plaza?

#1knightsp29Posted 12/27/2011 8:00:19 PM
?_? How does it work? Can someone explain please? How do I get Miis and those purple spaces on boards?
---
GE 007 FC: 3988-8644-6749 [GH]Ninja007 [BRO] tag sux :[
3DS FC: 1934-0669-1230 Michael
#2Number43Posted 12/27/2011 8:19:38 PM
Those are actually unrelated. To get the purple pieces you merely have to streetpass with someone who has them, as some people get one as their starting piece.

As for spotpass, if you play certain recent online games, including Mario Kart 7 and Sonic Generations, people you play with will show up there, but they won't give you puzzle pieces or appear in Find Mii.
#3filmfan26Posted 12/27/2011 8:27:59 PM
Number43 posted...
Those are actually unrelated. To get the purple pieces you merely have to streetpass with someone who has them, as some people get one as their starting piece.

As for spotpass, if you play certain recent online games, including Mario Kart 7 and Sonic Generations, people you play with will show up there, but they won't give you puzzle pieces or appear in Find Mii.

That's not related to the new Spotpass feature in Streetpass Plaza. You could get Mii's from online play from Mario Kart before the update. As it stands, I don't think anyone has figured out what Spotpass in Streetpass Plaza actually does yet.
---
3DS FC: 3480 - 2830 - 8192
PSN: filmfan26
#4PokeMasterPosted 12/27/2011 8:47:50 PM
filmfan26 posted...
Number43 posted...

That's not related to the new Spotpass feature in Streetpass Plaza. You could get Mii's from online play from Mario Kart before the update. As it stands, I don't think anyone has figured out what Spotpass in Streetpass Plaza actually does yet.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/netinfo/3ds/JPN/changelog_ja.html
Spotpass did come from this update. (Technically it came first on the cart-based update)
---
Japanese | Live in Australia/ Japan | JPN 3DS (Black)
Current: MK7,SM3DL, PKMN Scramble, SM3DL, TotA, +Demos
#5knightsp29(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 9:16:11 AM
Aww that's lame since the Miis you meet through online don't help as they just flood your plaza :/
---
#6DarrentgPosted 12/30/2011 9:21:19 AM
I noticed some spotpass content like mystery boxes in Super Mario 3D Land can use the spotpass feature via people you played online with in Mario Kart 7. Now I get completely flooded with mystery boxes and mushroom house gifts.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/darrentg
Playing: Super Mario 3D Land, Zelda Skyward Sword
#7squall987Posted 12/30/2011 9:27:12 AM
Darrentg posted...
I noticed some spotpass content like mystery boxes in Super Mario 3D Land can use the spotpass feature via people you played online with in Mario Kart 7. Now I get completely flooded with mystery boxes and mushroom house gifts.

Yeah, I wonder where that stuff is even coming from. It's kind of pointless now.
#8GreenLinkerPosted 12/30/2011 10:12:55 AM
The other messages don't make sense. He/she wasn't talking about the content (and seriously? MK7?), she was talking about HOW it works.

You know how both Spot and Street Pass both involve Sleep Mode? Sometimes Nintendo sends Miis to systems via SpotPass (need a broadband internet connection, though.), although I never had a Mii sent by them. Hope this helped!
#9knightsp29(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2011 11:04:09 AM
GreenLinker posted...
The other messages don't make sense. He/she wasn't talking about the content (and seriously? MK7?), she was talking about HOW it works.

You know how both Spot and Street Pass both involve Sleep Mode? Sometimes Nintendo sends Miis to systems via SpotPass (need a broadband internet connection, though.), although I never had a Mii sent by them. Hope this helped!

This hasn't happened to me either
BTW I'm a guy
---
#10GreenLinkerPosted 1/2/2012 4:21:49 PM
knightsp29 posted...
GreenLinker posted...

This hasn't happened to me either
BTW I'm a guy

I actually put him/her so maybe someone else edited? I'm not sure though. Sorry *faceplm

I only have 6 Miis in my plaza <( ``)> (does kirby cheer the sad way) Well, doesn't matter as I'm planning to jog in place today.
---
GreenLinker, swording out.