scenario: Rare ditches Microsoft and makes a new 3DS Banjo game

#31SenorLovecraftPosted 1/28/2012 11:11:58 PM
I wonder if most of these "Rare fans" actually played Nuts & Bolts. It was different, but still quite good.
#32Iced_ShadowsPosted 1/28/2012 11:18:39 PM
SenorLovecraft posted...
I wonder if most of these "Rare fans" actually played Nuts & Bolts. It was different, but still quite good.

I'm a Rare fan, but I have to admit I haven't played Nuts & Bolts. I'm also not one of those people that blindly dislikes a game because it changed, though, and I'd be willing to give it a try if I owned a 360.
---
Shadow Temple...
Here is gathered Hyrule's bloody history of greed and hatred... - Shadow Temple Walls
#33JoeBudden42Posted 1/28/2012 11:21:03 PM
why is this thread still open and why is TC still allowed to post here?

smh.
---
Trolls shouldn't be banned. They should be killed.
#34SenorLovecraftPosted 1/28/2012 11:22:40 PM
Iced_Shadows posted...
SenorLovecraft posted...

I'm a Rare fan, but I have to admit I haven't played Nuts & Bolts. I'm also not one of those people that blindly dislikes a game because it changed, though, and I'd be willing to give it a try if I owned a 360.

It's a really unique game and the graphics are some of the best on the 360 still, the visuals remind me of what Mario Galaxy could have looked like on one of the HD consoles.
#35VyersPosted 1/28/2012 11:25:05 PM
horror_spooky posted...
If Microsoft were to sell rare, Rare would retain the IPs is the point.

This is untrue.
---
https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
#36horror_spookyPosted 1/28/2012 11:34:39 PM
Vyers posted...
horror_spooky posted...

This is untrue.

No. It is not untrue. Microsoft does not own the IPs that Rare develops because Microsoft did not purchase Rare's IPs.
---
Horror_Spooky topics are so much fun. - JacobN43
www.cheatmasters.com
#37VyersPosted 1/28/2012 11:51:16 PM
horror_spooky posted...
Vyers posted...
horror_spooky posted...

This is untrue.

No. It is not untrue. Microsoft does not own the IPs that Rare develops because Microsoft did not purchase Rare's IPs.

Rare is MS. Every employee of Rare is a MS employee. Every single penny made by Rare is profit for Microsoft. How in the world does 100% ownership of a company magically not mean "100% ownership of a company" only for one company in the entire free world?
---
https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
#38blade113355Posted 1/28/2012 11:54:03 PM
horror_spooky posted...
Unfortunately KazeKilll, you are incorrect.

archive.videogamesdaily.com/features/rareware_int.asp

Taken from source (interview with Rare):

With hindsight, I mean obviously you don't because you had to do what you did, but do you sort of feel it's a shame that you developed a lot of IP that you've had to let go of now?

Chris: Well, the two properties that go back to Nintendo are Donkey Kong and Star Fox. The rest of the IP actually comes back to Rare. We have a very good relationship with Nintendo it all worked out in the end.

I think he was saying how Nintendo was kind enough to let them keep the IP's they made when sold off.
---
3DS Friend Code 0001-3509-3810 (Arehexes)
PM me if you add me with your F/C code and name k =D
#39martyoytramPosted 1/28/2012 11:58:27 PM
So, is Rare/Banjo Kazooie the new fad topic?
---
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#40AgentWafflezPosted 1/29/2012 12:03:40 AM
martyoytram posted...
So, is Rare/Banjo Kazooie the new fad topic?

I guess,after pichu's topic.
---
3DS:Red 2062-9157-9576
PSN:Red_104