Minecraft for the estore? Would you buy it?

#1Semi45aPosted 2/1/2012 2:12:18 PM
title^
#2EuphemismsPosted 2/1/2012 2:21:43 PM
Notch told me i would never have pay for minecraft more than once.
---
Capitalism, ho!
#3MagoziPosted 2/1/2012 2:31:46 PM(edited)
Euphemisms posted...

Notch isn't exactly known for keeping his promises...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoiiQEfZgTU
---
3DS Friend Code: 0688-5255-7591
http://www.backloggery.com/magozi
#4PaperDolphinPosted 2/1/2012 2:27:20 PM
If it was less than $8 I would. As long as it doesnt run at 1fps like it does on my friend's laptop.
---
3DS FC: 4296-3066-7290
#5Geminia999Posted 2/1/2012 2:30:39 PM
I personally am over Mine craft. Its fun for a bit but then after a while I got board not having a goal beside just make a house and beat the dragon. It just is kinda boring really. Sure you can build things, but again you need an idea, you need a schematic, you need patience you need to make it so you can easily build stuff later (building a block farther out if say you are building up, you need to go right onto the ledge and hope you don't fall) and most of all time. So sure while it might be so simple to enjoy, I personally need a goal which minecraft doesn't give me. Also the combat needs a bit of improving to be worth while for having it too and the health and food systems are just annoying making me only want to play it on peaceful or building but then it gets boring without a goal. So that is really all i have to say about that, so while its fun for a while it gets boring to me and while I made a floating castle after several times of going right on to the edge I really don't feel like there is much substance besides how much you can get into it.

Also I am kinda not really a fan of brilliant ideas that are just so simple like this and lolcats because it makes me feel bad about myself :(
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#6martyoytramPosted 2/1/2012 2:35:49 PM
Looks kinda pointless, but, then again, I'm not overly fond of designing huge complex things like I see on YouTube.
---
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#7Soanevalcke6Posted 2/1/2012 3:06:25 PM
it wouldnt really work, Most of the fun of Minecraft comes from Maps and Mods.
---
I think, to calm everyone down, we need to listen to some good VG Music: http://tinyurl.com/733a5pn
#8strongo9Posted 2/1/2012 3:11:28 PM
Euphemisms posted...

I don't know what to tell you if you haven't realized Notch has gotten greedy because of the unexpected popularity of Minecraft. He broke the promise you just mentioned and several others, the full release costs a whopping $27, and paid DLC will be released in the future.
---
I want Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Xenoblade Chronicles!
#9prinnylord1Posted 2/1/2012 3:16:12 PM
Geminia999 posted...
I personally am over Mine craft. Its fun for a bit but then after a while I got board not having a goal beside just make a house and beat the dragon. It just is kinda boring really. Sure you can build things, but again you need an idea, you need a schematic, you need patience you need to make it so you can easily build stuff later (building a block farther out if say you are building up, you need to go right onto the ledge and hope you don't fall) and most of all time. So sure while it might be so simple to enjoy, I personally need a goal which minecraft doesn't give me. Also the combat needs a bit of improving to be worth while for having it too and the health and food systems are just annoying making me only want to play it on peaceful or building but then it gets boring without a goal. So that is really all i have to say about that, so while its fun for a while it gets boring to me and while I made a floating castle after several times of going right on to the edge I really don't feel like there is much substance besides how much you can get into it.

Also I am kinda not really a fan of brilliant ideas that are just so simple like this and lolcats because it makes me feel bad about myself :(

^this, personally I would like terrira more.
---
A great game doesn't need "fancy voices" and "mindblowing graphics"
PSN stckman1 SSBB FC 0817-5697-7516
#10Second_ChancesPosted 2/1/2012 3:16:54 PM
strongo9 posted...
Euphemisms posted...

I don't know what to tell you if you haven't realized Notch has gotten greedy because of the unexpected popularity of Minecraft. He broke the promise you just mentioned and several others, the full release costs a whopping $27, and paid DLC will be released in the future.

It's literally in the terms of use that people who bought it in Alpha get all future versions, DLC, ect for free, so they can sue if Mojang doesn't hold up on that.

Also, I wouldn't buy it.