Earthbound remake

#1Luigi4PresidentPosted 3/3/2012 7:43:10 PM
Why nintendo, WHY do you not want my money?

*throws money*

*nothing happens*

*nintendo makes earthbound remake*

*throws money*

*It was super effective! Luigi4presidents wallet took mortal damage!*

So do you want one as well?
---
This sig was sig-napped. Help save this sig and return him to his original owner!
#2ElectricMolePosted 3/3/2012 7:45:50 PM
sequel is better. but the Mother team only makes pokemon spin-offs these days.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#3RolanberryPosted 3/3/2012 7:46:12 PM
eugh...we are never going to get Earthbound (Mother 2) in its correct form in America due to so many copyright issues with the music, so I'm not going to hold my breath for it.

Now I wouldn't mind if they decided to Re-do Mother 3 in the original N64 like format they once planed for it.
#4GhetsisPosted 3/3/2012 7:47:27 PM
I don't want a remake.

How the heck could they improve the game? The only weak area was (non-battle) graphics.

Unnecessary remakes of great games are almost always worse than the original version.
---
Rune Factory 3 is the greatest DS game ever made.
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II = V > VI > VIII
#5Luigi4President(Topic Creator)Posted 3/3/2012 7:49:13 PM
A remake as in putting it on the eshop with "maybe" save states or better quality music.

A port is a better word for what I want I guess.
---
This sig was sig-napped. Help save this sig and return him to his original owner!
#6ElectricMolePosted 3/3/2012 7:50:30 PM
Its better if a new Earthbound is made for Wii U with graphics that look like the little claymation sculptures used for the game artwork
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#7GhetsisPosted 3/3/2012 7:51:49 PM
Well, I'm all for a port. But it'd never happen. Not outside of Japan, at least.
---
#8red eye dragoonPosted 3/3/2012 7:55:07 PM
I love the game to death but the only thing holding a remake back is the music and copyright laws, but sadly the music is what gives it a lot of its charm so imo there's like a 1% chance of it happening , if that
---
not changing my sig until earthbound is released on the virtual console
---started10/1/07---
#9Karma313thPosted 3/3/2012 7:55:13 PM
Ghetsis posted...
Well, I'm all for a port. But it'd never happen. Not outside of Japan, at least.

I don't know...I don't see why they couldn't put it up as a VC title at some point at the very least.
#10GhetsisPosted 3/3/2012 7:57:00 PM
Karma313th posted...
Ghetsis posted...

I don't know...I don't see why they couldn't put it up as a VC title at some point at the very least.

They were going to put it as a Wii VC title. It even got an ESRB rating. But it got canceled at the last minute, and Nintendo even went out of their way to remove the demo of it from Brawl (since they're VC demos.)
---