Got into an argument with IGN's Scott Lowe over the relevancy of 3DS vs Iphone-

#71Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 9:31:38 AM
king_darks posted...
Look like lol_faqs is just trolling now. *Sigh* Nnamz it time to cut your losses and let those who are full of themselves be right.

I've finished my exams, and my job doesn't start for another week. I've got plenty of time to put this guy in his place, so don't worry about it.

Besides, it's just his typical bullcrap anyway.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz Now Playing: U:GA, Wipeout 2048
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 Now Playing SM3DL, MK7
#72L0L_FAQPosted 4/29/2012 10:02:59 AM

Of course you are.

I brought up his number of Twitter followers to show you that he's not an internet celebrity. Whether he has more than me is not only NOT my point, but it's completely irrelevant TO my point.

he has 10,000 followers, most certainly quite a lot of people and quite a celebrated person specially in comparison with you. But I guess I need to spell it out.

Nope. You're just desperate to try and spin everything I do into a negative (like you do in all my topics) because you have some sort of pathetic deep-seeded resentment towards me, and it's sad. You're ignoring 95% of my topic to focus on the title and the first 2 lines, then blocking your ears and saying "Lalalalala" when I point it out to you.

It's entertaining how you attempt to project exactly what you're doing on to me. I'd resent you if you had something to resent when, in fact, you're nothing more than a poorly articulated scrub who needs validation from GameFAQs because he really has nothing else to work with.

If I was "just" an attention seeker, why would I have bothered to write a 4000 character post about a comparison?

I type fast and it's not a problem. The real issue is that you truly believe what you say, which is worse than knowing and denying it.

The vast majority of posts are people responding to my opinion. Only 2-3 people in this entire topic even acknowledged knowing who Scott Lowe even is. And getting into an argument with him doesn't somehow make my existence any more meaningful.

Nobody responded to your opinion. Everyone responded to Scott Lowe's opinion which you flea'd onto in order to validate yourself.

If the topic was about Scott Lowe and only about Scott Lowe, why is most of it about a comparison and the POINT of it why dedicated handhelds won't die?

The topic isn't about Scott Lowe, the topic is about you trying to gather attention because you happened to talk to someone with a reasonably attention grabbing name presence.

- Because that's what prompted the discussion.

I don't see you throwing up a topic with Squatch's name on it.

- Because some people may perhaps know who he is.

This is the main point

- Because he's notorious for crapping on the 3DS ALL THE TIME (for those people who know who he is)

You don't argue with people notorious for crapping on the 3DS all the time, specially not on this board.

- Because I feel like it and I could put whatever I was in a topic title, especially when it's relevant to how the debate I'm talking about started.

you felt like it because you want attention and it's not; if he's not famous in your opinion, I don't see the point and if he is famous in your opinion, I am right. there's no problem with the topic. The problem is with you being an attention seeker and throwing in a name or, more importantly, that he's from IGN to try to garner the attention you so desperately crave.

You're trying to appropriate insignificant and inconclusive evidence to a conclusion you've already drawn which is influenced by your own bias against me.

No I'm not and I have no bias against you unless knowing that you're a regular troll and desperately crave validation is a bias, in which case, yes.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"Having high resolution =/= having more detail" - Nnamz
#73L0L_FAQPosted 4/29/2012 10:04:24 AM(edited)

What you spend the most time on = the point of the topic.

Not necessarily. Otherwise the topic is about you being in denial about being a stealth troll desperately craving attention.

If I said "Carebears are amazing" then wrote an essay on quantum physics, the point of the essay wasn't that carebears are amazing. You're just desperate to spin my topic negatively.

No, if you said "I just had a discussion with Neil DeGrasse Tyson about quantum physics and wrote the paper on an argument that's already been made and simply nobody needs to be convinced about and you know this, the point is that the paper is a front for saying you had a discussion with NDGT

I love how you ARE desperately trying to do that, as is made clear from your post full of Critical Thinking fallacies.

There are no fallacies here, just you trying to say there are because I've outed you once again and the only refrain you have and have always had is to try to play to a crowd who either doesn't care or knows you to be a sadly misinformed troll.

The only thing you've exposed is your inability to think critically and draw conclusions from proper evidence.

Once again, you throw out words and expect them to be true. Of course this doesn't make your case any more true than it is and it doesn't make the fact that I have informed the readers of the true intent of this topic any less true than it is.

"Hur Hur.....What you wrote doesn't matter because the topic has someone's name in it so it's just for attention"

And there we go again, with the tried and tested 1st grade debating technique of mocking your opponents in a funny tone while completely misrepresenting what they said. Of course, that's ALWAYS been the way you operate, but one would think you've learnt better by now.

I've finished my exams, and my job doesn't start for another week. I've got plenty of time to put this guy in his place, so don't worry about it.

Time you may have, but the ability or actual factual ground to counter-argue the fact that this is a typical Nnamz topic designed to try to stoke your ego, you do not possess and, of course, you never will.

Look like lol_faqs is just trolling now. *Sigh* Nnamz it time to cut your losses and let those who are full of themselves be right.

I assure you sir, any predispositions you might have to have lead you to such a conclusion are nothing more than sir Nnamz here stealth trolling.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"Having high resolution =/= having more detail" - Nnamz
#74KebiinuPosted 4/29/2012 10:14:36 AM
Honestly "Lol_Faq"? You just came to post in this topic attacking Nnamz. You're not even discussing the topic at hand. You just derailed this pretty good topic, into an argument that goes off on a tangent from what Nnamz was trying to say to begin with. Having 10,000 followers on twitter does not equate towards a "celebrated" person.

Like, you're honestly just acting foolish.
---
3DS FC: 4167 - 4502 - 6171
PSN: Kebiinu
#75Geminia999Posted 4/29/2012 10:17:47 AM
I don't understand why Lol is getting so upset. I mean were did the TC imply he was trying to brag? All he did was say that he had an argument with a guy and he stated his point. Nothing really of attention speaking, just stating his opinion and a bit of blogfaqs, but nothing that really warrants an idea of seeking attention, unlike your obvious tactics of trolling so you can get yours. I hope I won't have to bring up the obvious Irony in that.
---
[::[_]::]Common sense
[+[_]::]just because you can doesn't mean you should
#76Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:33:41 AM(edited)
he has 10,000 followers, most certainly quite a lot of people and quite a celebrated person specially in comparison with you.

#1. Every other person I follow on IGN has more followers than him. 10k does not make an internet celebrity, if it did than I would personally know several.

#2. Whether I have 10k twitter followers is irrelevant. You tried to use that as a sting and failed since it has absolutely no relevancy to the claim you're ignoring, which is that Scott Lowe is not an internet celebrity. Most people have no idea who he is.

But I guess I need to spell it out.

Of course you need to spell it out because it makes no ****ing sense whatsoever, and still doesn't. I brought up his twitter followers to show that he's not an internet celebrity. You 'counter' by saying "Well he has more than you!!!". How is that relevant at all to what I said?

It's entertaining how you attempt to project exactly what you're doing on to me.

Actually, I completely ignored your first post directed at me, and only responded to you after you answered Marsford's question he directed TO ME, FOR ME, by miss-attributing the reason I made the topic and spinning everything into a negative. And you did it twice before I even acknowledged you in this topic.

But no you're completely innocent. It's me who is miss-attributing you! Poor thing!

*rolls eyes*

I'd resent you if you had something to resent when, in fact, you're nothing more than a poorly articulated scrub who needs validation from GameFAQs because he really has nothing else to work with.

LMAO!

You follow me around like a lost puppy in every topic I create spinning everything I do into a negative, and put an out of context quote of mine (which is still hilariously correct, as resolution SHOWS detail, and isn't in itself, detail. It's pixel count.) in your sig. You're obviously obsessed with me. And if not, it sure as **** looks that way right now.

I type fast and it's not a problem.

As do I and that's completely irrlevant.

The problem is you're ignoring the entire argument and basing the existence of this topic on half the title and the first 3 lines.

You're quote-mining, miss-attributing, and using incomplete ampliative reasoning. And ultimately, you're wrong, as usual.

The real issue is that you truly believe what you say, which is worse than knowing and denying it.

Listen to the garbage you're spewing.

You're telling ME why I created my OWN topic, then telling me that I should believe YOU instead of believing MYSELF.

You sound like a crazy person.

Nobody responded to your opinion.

Yeah, yeah they were. Especially when they disagreed, especially when they were quoting me, and especially when they were talking about the camera argument, which Scott Lowe had nothing to do with.

Fail more.

The topic isn't about Scott Lowe, the topic is about you trying to gather attention because you happened to talk to someone with a reasonably attention grabbing name presence.

#1. No, no it isn't. My entire post and argument having nothing to do with the conversation with Scott Lowe says hi 4 times now. Ignore it if you want, but it proves you wrong since THAT'S the point of the topic.

#2. 3 people knew who he was in this topic. 3. 3 people responded with a quote specifically addressing him. But yeah he's a super celebrity and I only created this topic to get replies because I spoke to him! That must be it! (Meanwhile, I get retweeted or responded to FAR more frequently by IGN people with more followers than him, yet don't create topics here about it, do I?)

Your logic is fail, as usual.
---
#77Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:29:25 AM
I don't see you throwing up a topic with Squatch's name on it.

Because I didn't have a meaningful debate with Squatch on a relevant topic.

This is the main point

No, it's not the main point. The main point is that 3DS sales won't die out for the same reason that SLR camera sales haven't died out, which was prompted by the Scott Lowe argument.

But you're too busy miss-attributing, quote-mining, and comitting the false-attribution fallcy to notice it.

You don't argue with people notorious for crapping on the 3DS all the time, specially not on this board

Oh give it a rest.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/62665734?page=1

This is just one of MANY posts of me arguing with SenorLoveCraft. I've also argued with Vyers and Endgame on many occasions.

But again, you're too busy committing horrendous logical fallacies based off your obsessed bias against me to notice it. Pathetic.

you felt like it because you........

*stops reading*

All you're doing at this point is to tell me why I made my topic. I know why, and it's clear as day to anyone (as judging by peoples responses to your stupidity) that you've drawn a conclusion without any evidence whatsoever.

I know why I made the topic, as does anyone else who actually read anything other than half the topic title and the first 2 lines.
---
#78Nnamz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 10:40:41 AM
I assure you sir, any predispositions you might have to have lead you to such a conclusion are nothing more than sir Nnamz here stealth trolling.

This is probably the most hilarious thing I've read all week.

I create a topic on a flaw I see in the 3DS and I'm trolling, according to you.
I make a comparison topic between 3DS and Vita and I'm "stealth trolling".
I make a topic defending 3DS against people who think it will die, and I'm once again "stealth trolling".

Are you able to form thoughts properly, or do you just say words and pray they sound okay when they come out? Honestly.
---
#79usfslackerPosted 4/29/2012 10:47:44 AM
I love how Lol_FAQ has spent this much time having a stupid, pointless argument with someone FOR having a stupid pointless argument with someone else on the internet. The worst part about it is, at least TC had an intelligent point to argue about in the first place while Lol_faqs very existence has proven to be nothing more than a waste of bandwidth.

And Senor, you're an idiot if you think consoles disappearing would lead to the same number of BETTER games all being on PC. It would result in MASSIVE contraction of the industry, MANY fewer games, mostly of the more interesting types since shooters rule on the PC even more so than consoles. The REASON graphics are as good as they are now is because there are enough potential customers to merit pouring that much money into visuals. If only the 75 people left playing PC games were left, games would probably stop existing entirely.
---
PSN ID: USFSlacker86
No, that is not true at all. Something = good is either true or false. It is not construed as an opinion. -Conker
#80Zero_ManiacPosted 4/29/2012 10:49:43 AM
usfslacker posted...
I love how Lol_FAQ has spent this much time having a stupid, pointless argument with someone FOR having a stupid pointless argument with someone else on the internet. The worst part about it is, at least TC had an intelligent point to argue about in the first place while Lol_faqs very existence has proven to be nothing more than a waste of bandwidth.

And Senor, you're an idiot if you think consoles disappearing would lead to the same number of BETTER games all being on PC. It would result in MASSIVE contraction of the industry, MANY fewer games, mostly of the more interesting types since shooters rule on the PC even more so than consoles. The REASON graphics are as good as they are now is because there are enough potential customers to merit pouring that much money into visuals. If only the 75 people left playing PC games were left, games would probably stop existing entirely.

Consoles will never die anyways. Too much support to die.
---
"I've got it. KMA IS the coin!!" -anonymous
Official Riku of the Kingdom Hearts 3D board