The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Scan QR Codes in the eShop?

#1parKb5Posted 4/28/2012 3:08:36 PM(edited)
I was playing around in the new eShop just now and when I went to "Settings/Other" I noticed that under "Redeem Download Code" there is a new function called "Scan QR Code."

I searched the topics for any info and I found one saying that there was a QR Code in the Rhythm Thief website:

http://www.sega.com/games/rhythm-thief-and-the-emperor-s-treasure/

but no one knew what it was for. The topic was created over a month ago, so that meant that the QR Code had been on the website for over a month, at least. Hoping against hope I thought maybe the recent update would make it so that I could scan a demo using the eShop but when it detected the QR Code it said that the software is not currently available.

Does anyone know what the "Scan QR Code" function in the eShop is for?

I mean, in the QR Code on the Sega website it shows the little orange eShop bag, so it must have something to do with the eShop, right?
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
See my quote for a list of 3DS games I own.
#2FlaidPosted 4/28/2012 3:45:08 PM
I think the demo for Rhythm Thief only came out in Japan, which is why it won't work on NA 3DS systems.
---
Can Pokerus be transferred to other pokemon from breeding? -chris20102010
No, Pokerus is not an STD - montyalbo123
#3Reza1982Posted 4/28/2012 3:52:43 PM
interesting
---
Mh3 = ID 11KWV9 CoD:mw3 0074-0369-4946
3DS : 2191 7662 0237
#4monkeypahngPosted 4/28/2012 3:59:35 PM
Flaid posted...
I think the demo for Rhythm Thief only came out in Japan, which is why it won't work on NA 3DS systems.

Came out for the EU 3DS systems too, I would try it, but it's 11:30pm and I'm sleepy.
---
Official Defender of MKRealm. FC: 1719-3458-5336
Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang because you know you love sarcastic comments...
#5xWazManxPosted 4/28/2012 4:07:37 PM

Came out for the EU 3DS systems too, I would try it, but it's 11:30pm and I'm sleepy.
---
Official Defender of MKRealm. FC: 1719-3458-5336
Follow me on twitter @Jamyfang because you know you love sarcastic comments...

It works
takes you straight to the Rhythm Thief page

---
"No one could've guessed that the TC was Werndan without your meaningful and insightful post." - Fang289
#6parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 5:57:42 PM
Yeah, but why add the option to scan QR Codes in the eShop if it doesn't work?
---
#7Ralala888Posted 4/28/2012 6:49:05 PM
parKb5 posted...
Yeah, but why add the option to scan QR Codes in the eShop if it doesn't work?

Maybe they intend to use it in the future for things? Future demos or when they start doing download titles maybe they'll print out AR codes to scan instead of typing in a code.

Probably not, though, since that sounded really stupid after I reread it.
#8parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 6:55:55 PM(edited)
Ralala888 posted...

Maybe they intend to use it in the future for things? Future demos or when they start doing download titles maybe they'll print out AR codes to scan instead of typing in a code.

I guess, but it just seems strange to have an eShop QR Code on a Sega US website along with a bubble that says "scan this code now with your 3DS to download a demo", have a new option in the eShop to scan QR Codes and then not have them work at all.

But then again this IS Nintendo that we are talking about...
---
#9pikachupwnagePosted 4/28/2012 7:00:50 PM
parKb5 posted...
Ralala888 posted...

I guess, but it just seems strange to have an eShop QR Code on a Sega US website along with a bubble that says "scan this code now with your 3DS to download a demo", have a new option in the eShop to scan QR Codes and then not have them work at all.

But then again this IS Nintendo that we are talking about...

The QR code is from Sega though..........
---
I don't post often but when I do.....I triple post. Stay posty my friends -Lord Frood
Official Special ops beserker general of the NDF
#10parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 4/28/2012 7:06:04 PM
pikachupwnage posted...

The QR code is from Sega though..........

But wouldn't they have to get permission from Nintendo before plastering "Nintendo eShop" on their website?

It says download the demo by scanning the QR Code, the eShop has an option to scan QR Codes; you do the math.
---