Give us PSP-esque Shoulder buttons!

#1DTY3Posted 6/12/2010 6:27:39 PM
Please!
---
GameFAQs, modding your sorry behind since 1999
#2superstud69xPosted 6/12/2010 6:31:54 PM
hey I just mentioned this is a topic right below yours and I've also been thinking about it for a couple months now. I was actually wondering if there were any places that would put PSP buttons or something similar on my DSi so they would stop failing so hard....
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. PKMN platinum FC 5112 9617 5502
#3DarrentgPosted 6/12/2010 6:35:01 PM
PSP's shoulder buttons don't feel very good IMO. Also, I hope we get 4 shoulder buttons similar to the setup on the Wii Classic Controller. That would be ideal.

---
XBL/PSN: Gigamog
Playing: Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Grandia (PSP)
#4gransPosted 6/12/2010 6:40:09 PM
It's not the physical button itself that fails, but the internal part, there's a smaller rubbery button inside the structure that the plastic cover button presses. When a DS shoulder button starts to mess up, there's a kind of connection issue in the electrical working itself.

We know that blowing into the cracks of the button can sometimes (most of the time actually) fix it temporarily. We don't know if it's dust or if the moisture just improves conductivity. At any rate, i doubt it would be as simple as being able to swap out the PSP and 3DS shoulder buttons to fix the issue. I actually removed the plastic shoulder button from my Lite once to see if i could press on the small rubber button inside. It still didn't work. But blowing on it does. There's clearly some kind of electrical issue in there, circuits involved.

I've not had much experience with the PSP, but i know the system is very fragile. I've seen numerous analog nubs that just fell off after some time. And a friend of mine had a shoulder button break off (the plastic button, and he takes care of his stuff). So i don't know what to think...
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#5MARl0Posted 6/12/2010 6:48:11 PM
The DS Lite's shoulder buttons were crap. But the DSi's buttons are great, so as long as they stick with something similar, I see no problem.
---
Currently playing: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) / Trauma Team (Wii)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom FC: 3137 7932 7666
#6GamerJMPosted 6/13/2010 3:16:52 PM
Why in the world would you want PSP-like shoulder buttons? Those feel incredibly flimsy IMO.

Now, the DSi XL (and the DSi, to a lesser extent) has amazing shoulder buttons that feel very natural. The PSP ones just feel tacked on IMO.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/gamerjm
*Space for rent, if you have anything that would fit this sig well post it*
#7gransPosted 6/13/2010 4:35:04 PM

The DS Lite's shoulder buttons were crap. But the DSi's buttons are great, so as long as they stick with something similar, I see no problem.

DSi shoulder buttons suck too, they already have response issues just like the Lite. It's just not as widespread yet due to the newness of the system.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#8ElebooPosted 6/13/2010 6:01:51 PM
I wouldn't really mind.
---
Q(°±°Q) Serious Kirby is not amused.
«sig·filler»
#9MasterOtenkoPosted 6/13/2010 6:27:13 PM
Yeah, the PSP shoulder buttons sure do last.

What I'd rather have, though, are the GBA's shoulder buttons. Those feel comfy AND they don't screw up.

....actually, to be completely honest, I really wish the system (all handhelds, actually) would have the L/R buttons be on the BACK of the system...kind of like the Dreamcast's, I guess. Sure, it would make the system bulkier, but I'm sure they could find around that. My fingers always start to ache after using handhelds' shoulder buttons. I always imagine what the buttons would be like if they were on the back, and it's felt so natural (in my mind, at least).
---
Unyu! Unya!
#10DTY3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/13/2010 9:04:25 PM
Why in the world would you want PSP-like shoulder buttons?

lol, cause they dont stop functioning after a couple of months.
---
GameFAQs, modding your sorry behind since 1999