What's your biggest concern with the 3DS?

#1RPGGamer0Posted 6/13/2010 3:03:53 AM
It could range from anything like "I don't want the DS to fall into oblivion yet" to "I ****ing hate the touch screen system."

Personally, I would like it for the DS to keep on keepin on, but I mean I don't know what I expected; a new generation was gonna come SOME time.

---
Dr Football is DA Guru!
|PM|
#2M1AstrayPosted 6/13/2010 3:50:03 AM
My biggest concern is my eyesight, 3d and eye problems generally make a disastrous combination.

However Nintendo already confirmed the 3d aspect can be turned off, so my current biggest concern is third party support, the ds's success could very well hurt it's successor here as I can't imagine the majority of third party's are going to want to leave that massive install base just yet.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Heart Gold (DS), Platinum (DS), Emerald (GBA) and Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)
#3d0wnerPosted 6/13/2010 5:41:50 AM
That third parties will squander the system's potential by taking the same tired games they've been making forever and shoehorning them onto a new system while ignoring its unique capabilities. Like they always do.
---
floating upon the surface for the birds.
#4NormalCatPosted 6/13/2010 7:41:45 AM

That third parties will squander the system's potential by taking the same tired games they've been making forever and shoehorning them onto a new system while ignoring its unique capabilities. Like they always do.

This.

Also battery life. Its a well known fact that on any mobile device from an old nokia to the iPad - the display drains more power than anything else.

Got an Android phone downloading things over wi-fi, running GPS and playing music? It'll last about 3 times longer than one that only has the screen on all day.

Powering 2 3D displays is going to totally murder the battery unless they make the displays AMOLED (creates it's own light, doesn't require a backlight)
---
DISCLAIMER - Arguing with the views presented in the post above this signature will result in you being publicly humiliated
#5TerotrousPosted 6/13/2010 7:44:02 AM
Isn't it confirmed that only one of the screens is 3D?

Anyway, I don't have any specific concerns yet. Once we know a bit more about the system I probably will.
---
Brawl FC - 0301 9482 5952 HeartGold FC 1803-4893-8440 TvsC FC 0775-5679-9240
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat classic games!
#6chicnstuPosted 6/13/2010 8:27:06 AM
Graphics. I want the games to be at least as detailed as GameCube.

Other than that, I trust Nintendo will have unique features.
---
If you have accepted Giant Box of Fries Man as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#7Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/13/2010 9:30:19 AM
The analog stick. Rumors have abounded that it's better than the PSP's nub, but I do not dare to hope. Nintendo analog sticks tend to loosen over time too, so I hope it'll be easily replaceable after that happens.
---
Awesomest comic ever:
www.coarselimely.com
#8thedayeaPosted 6/13/2010 9:48:58 AM
The price. The technology won't come cheap, and I don't feel like spending over $200 on a handheld console, even if it is mind-blowing.
#9fire2boxPosted 6/13/2010 9:49:39 AM

Graphics. I want the games to be at least as detailed as GameCube.

This.. though my concern is what the overall specs are, the design and everything.. thakfully we should know a lot in like 3-4 days
#10Sacul64Posted 6/13/2010 10:18:20 AM
I am worried about the price. Nintendo has good with battery life so far. The price of the handhelds keeps going up though. I am going to say it will be at least 200$.
---
[~N~] "There's only room for one Boss... and one Snake..."
http://backloggery.com/sacul64gc/sig.gif