I hope this new generation handheld breathes some life back into Mega Man...

#11BassGSX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 5:27:14 PM
I didn't really care for the MMZ series. The music didn't fit what Zero's theme should be, the EX Skills were pretty inefficient and not really worth using, the element system was kind of mediocre, and so was the combat system. At least ZX didn't just refurbish it, they "spiffed" it up a bit with different forms that didn't just include palette color changes with little notice of stat changes like the ZX series did.

Another X game, or X Spin-off (i.e. turn based RPG) that doesn't suck would be nice. Same for the Original Mega Man series. Since the 3DS boasts more powerful processing capabilities, it would probably be possible and cheaper to make a good-looking Legends game on a powerful handheld than it would be on a console. I guess the reason they haven't done that with the PSP which is technically qualified for the job is because it's not as ubiquitous as the Nintendo DS or any other of Nintendo's handheld systems.
#12YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/15/2010 7:51:54 PM
Inafune is a fan of the 3DS? Hm, perhaps hes only a fan cause of the graphics, he did this with the PSP and well because it didnt sell as he had hoped, he screwed the PSP owners off. But then again he brought the remakes, right when the PSP came out in USA.

Perhaps 3DS will finally get what the PSP was supposed to get, Megaman Maverick Hunter X2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 aswell as Megaman Powered Up 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 like he promised PSP owners.

The 3DS will probably help with more remakes, if he sticks to it. I liked PU cause of the extras. Lets all hope he does it.

---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X