What FPS game would you want on 3DS?

#310SilverArk0Posted 6/15/2010 3:41:39 PM

Apparently you've never used a DS or played Metroid Prime Hunters. FPS on the DS would work in almost the exact same manner as the Mouse and Keyboard combo of the PC. The touch screen works as the mouse as you can move the stylus over the screen to look in whatever direction you want. The D-pad (now analog stick) works as the WSAD keys and usually the R button works for shooting.

I know this is a troll, but still couldn't let something as ignorant as this slide, no matter how trolly it is.

So you want to have your stylus in your fingers while your pinky presses the R button or something?
---
Second mouse gets the cheese
#32xk8Posted 6/15/2010 3:43:41 PM
Best controls I think would be abxy to move and strafe, stick to aim and turn, left and right shoulder to shoot and jump, dpad and touch screen for change weapons, interactions, reload etc.
#33strife14467Posted 6/15/2010 3:44:58 PM
"How would you turn around? Assuming the pad controls compass movement, then the touch screen is only used to shoot. Good luck moving and looking around simultaneously."

I was gonna mention Prime Hunters' controls, but someone beat me to it. Now you also have the analog control to go along with the d-pad on the 3DS, so I would assume most developers could make good use of both for a FPS. I'm sure developers could set up the movement controls fairly easily. The analog "Slide Pad" and the d-pad look close enough together that you could easily slide your thumb between the two. I would think a FPS could easily be done with the 3DS.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii
#34ZanimarPosted 6/15/2010 3:47:08 PM

Apparently you've never used a DS or played Metroid Prime Hunters. FPS on the DS would work in almost the exact same manner as the Mouse and Keyboard combo of the PC. The touch screen works as the mouse as you can move the stylus over the screen to look in whatever direction you want. The D-pad (now analog stick) works as the WSAD keys and usually the R button works for shooting.

I know this is a troll, but still couldn't let something as ignorant as this slide, no matter how trolly it is.
So you want to have your stylus in your fingers while your pinky presses the R button or something?

Lol, L button, R button was for the Left handed control scheme.
#35Flint247Posted 6/15/2010 5:25:19 PM
I definitely want to see some 3D FPS's. :D
---
My New Road Rovers Fan Site!! This show will never die! :D
www.roadroversrevival.webs.com