What's this about a 3D sweet spot?

#1shadyelfPosted 6/15/2010 3:55:51 PM
That 3D will only work at a certain distance and at certain angle? Not the best design for a handheld that will be moving around more than a TV. Regardless the games look awesome and the graphics as well but guess the 3D will be off a lot of the time for me.
---
?
#2ooblagisPosted 6/15/2010 3:58:27 PM
According to hands on reviews, the "sweet spot" is pretty damn large, only becoming an issue if you are looking at it from an intentionally askew angle.
---
Hell hath' no furry like the vast robot armies of a woman scorned.
#3Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/15/2010 4:00:56 PM
According to hands on reviews, the "sweet spot" is pretty damn large, only becoming an issue if you are looking at it from an intentionally askew angle.

Don't you have to intentionally skew the screen to use the tilt sensor?
---
Awesomest comic ever:
www.coarselimely.com
#4RaisinBizzlePosted 6/15/2010 4:02:41 PM
A TV having a sweet spot would be more of an issue than a portable. With the handheld you are the only person that needs to be in the optimal area, where with a TV people on the side of the TV would be screwed.
---
http://twitter.com/dynamicreviews - Current game: Tail Concerto
#5Arucard05Posted 6/15/2010 4:04:40 PM
http://kotaku.com/5564204/hands+on-with-seven-nintendo-3ds-games-and-gadgets

There are some kinks that still need to be worked out for the upcoming, glasses-free 3D gaming device. The window in which 3D looks 3D on that screen and doesn't appear fuzzy or make you feel cross-eyed, is extremely narrow.

Hold the device too close, too far, tilt it too much in either direction and the magic is gone.

But hold it just right and your perceptions change, the game is 3D, without glasses. Without glasses. It sounds unbelievable, and when it works it is unbelievable.

I'm sure it'll be made better before release though.
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.
#6Majora999Posted 6/15/2010 4:07:06 PM
Even if the sweet spot does end up too small it doesn't really matter, they said you could turn it off.
---
I think I'll turn down the temperature in here. It's too cOLD.
#7KirbyRulesTheWorldPosted 6/15/2010 4:07:09 PM
Considering the 3DS was attached to a woman, and the writer didnt want to bump into other people, standing up, it's not a huge surprise.
---
Gamertag: YoshiChief
#8itsmattknoxPosted 6/15/2010 4:07:30 PM
Perhaps when out of the sweet spot you should use the depth-adjuster. Eh?
#9FireDragoon18Posted 6/15/2010 4:08:23 PM
It's not completed yet, they can work out the kinks.
---
Hentai exists because in real life you can't do a girl who looks good in blue hair
"I believe the proper phrase here is, 'You Fail'"-Miles Edgeworth
#10MajorRagePosted 6/15/2010 4:10:10 PM
The sweet spot is about 3 inches in and towards the front......if you know what I'm getting at... <throws up hand for high-five>
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...