Why the hell would anyone buy this at launch?

#11KogaSteelfangPosted 6/15/2010 4:08:06 PM
i still have my ds phat and i never upgraded... noone has to upgrade and not everyone does.

This.
I buy these for games.
If it plays the games, I'm happy.

I don't care if they swap to a bigger screen later.
I don't care if they swap 1 extra feature for another extra feature.
I don't care if they redsign it to be bigger, and have the newer extra features.

As long as I have my game player, and it works. I'm happy.
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
#12Aka-Shiro(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 4:09:07 PM
lol

All of you people saying "don't tell me what to do with my money" will be crying and whining on this board when Nintendo announced the redesign. Just don't say I didn't warn you.
#13ao_bomberPosted 6/15/2010 4:11:48 PM
Not only that, the upgrades are rarely a must-buy over the original model unless yours broke (which is very, VERY unlikely since your consoles are made of Nintendium); My launch DSPhat still plays just fine, its external speaker is broken yes(it broke six months later) and it has several scratches, but everything else works perfectly.

---
PKMN Diamond FC: 2577_9708_9318
PKMN SoulSilvr FC: 5285_3956_8512
#14Holoogamooga_Posted 6/15/2010 4:18:11 PM
You know they're going to make a redesign or two or three, and then move on to the next generation. You have to put your money down somewhere to use it. With you logic, you might as well wait for the 3DS's successor's successor.
---
- Java
#150SilverArk0Posted 6/15/2010 4:20:24 PM
If you keep waiting for the next upgrade, you will never buy anything.
---
Second mouse gets the cheese
#16KogaSteelfangPosted 6/15/2010 4:51:32 PM
All of you people saying "don't tell me what to do with my money" will be crying and whining on this board when Nintendo announced the redesign. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

Actually, it's the newer versions that tend to mess up. The shoulder buttons on the Lite and DSi tend to stop functioning rather frequently. The Phat, well I've never seen any complaints.

My original Phat DID die, but it was swiftly replaced by Nintendo, they said I had one that had somehow been damaged during assembly, it later broke down due to that fact. My newer(ish) one still works perfectly! No desire to upgrade at all.

Doubt I'd desire to upgrade 3DS either.
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
#17Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/15/2010 4:52:58 PM
Why the hell would anyone buy this at launch?

Because they want to play the launch games and take 3D pictures and such?
---
Awesomest comic ever:
www.coarselimely.com
#18ShadowswdsmnPosted 6/15/2010 4:53:11 PM
Crying and whining over 200 bucks? You must be joking.
#19FireDragoon18Posted 6/15/2010 4:54:05 PM
I don't think the 3DS revision will be any better anyway. Aside from making it bigger, what more can they add?
---
Hentai exists because in real life you can't do a girl who looks good in blue hair
"I believe the proper phrase here is, 'You Fail'"-Miles Edgeworth
#20shadyelfPosted 6/15/2010 4:55:27 PM
^3D touch screen? I guess that's impossible though.
---
?