Could MGS3 3DS be a prologue to a MGS Peace Walker port?

#1DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/15/2010 4:37:04 PM
Seems like they're telling the story of Big Boss to to Nintendo fans to set up for a port of the continuation of his story.

Why else would they start with MGS3?
#2YoyokuKOPosted 6/15/2010 4:37:28 PM
its a remake...
#3YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/15/2010 4:41:43 PM
Its called Metal Gear Solid 3 SNAKE EATER 3DS! Do you have a PS2? Go buy MGS3 Snake Eater and play it.

MGS Peace Walker takes place in 1975, problem with this, is that theres already prologue to Peace Walker and its on PSP known as MGS PORTABLE OPS! PO is the prologue to PW.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#4AnotherSomebodyPosted 6/15/2010 4:45:28 PM
I think others are misunderstanding the purpose of this topic. What the TC is trying to imply is that it seems suspicious that Snake Eater be the game Konami decides to remake on 3DS. Seeing as those only playing Nintendo systems would have never played Snake Eater, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to imagine that this is just the first in a potential series of 3DS MGS remakes, with the next probably being Peace Walker seeing as Portable Ops kind of sucked and didn't contribute anything significantly important to the story.

---
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser
#5DarkSideOfBlue(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 4:52:10 PM
AnotherSomebody
Posted 6/15/2010 4:45:28 PM
message detail

"I think others are misunderstanding the purpose of this topic. What the TC is trying to imply is that it seems suspicious that Snake Eater be the game Konami decides to remake on 3DS. Seeing as those only playing Nintendo systems would have never played Snake Eater, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to imagine that this is just the first in a potential series of 3DS MGS remakes, with the next probably being Peace Walker seeing as Portable Ops kind of sucked and didn't contribute anything significantly important to the story."

Thank you for clarifying what I meant. It made sense to me, but obviously it was easily misinterpreted.
#6Arucard05Posted 6/15/2010 4:55:38 PM
Hopefully. Peace Walker is honestly either the best in the series or the second best (I haven't decided yet) so it'd be great to have Nintendo fans be able to play it.
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.
#7InsicorPosted 6/15/2010 4:59:36 PM
Peace Walker works a lot better on a portable than Snake Eater, so I don't see why Konami wouldn't port it.
---
I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind
#8darkmirror984Posted 6/15/2010 5:13:12 PM
Don't see why they would. Porting SE was good because now people can play the game on the go. There'd be no point in porting PW because it's already on a portable system, and putting it on the 3DS wouldn't really improve the game, aside from the cool 3D effects.

On an unrelated note, have they mentioned what type of media they will be using for the 3DS? At first, I thought they would use cartridge, but MGS3 was 4GB on PS2. Either they will cut some content out or the game will be really expensive if they use cartridges.
#9DarkSideOfBlue(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 5:15:57 PM
The media is also an issue. They said the 3DS cartridges would be 2GB at first. I'm sure they could compress Snake Eater down to 2GBs, but at what cost?
#10Board_hunter567Posted 6/15/2010 5:19:59 PM
The 3DS uses a 2GB cartridge.

Actually, I think MGS:SE was only around 3GB when compressed.
It's still a big difference from 2GB, but hey.