I hope we can use the slide pad to play old DS games.

#1WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 5:12:14 PM
That is all.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#2ohh42Posted 6/15/2010 5:13:22 PM
Analog pad + Super Mario 64 DS = Instant replayability
---
I'll give you a bad case of someone just shot me in the head if you don't hurry up! - John Marston
GT: Ragtag 21
#3TeremeiPosted 6/15/2010 5:17:38 PM
Hmm, probably not since the ds games were programmed for the dpad and since there was no dpad on the DS there was no programming in the game card to respond to an analog nub/stick/pad.
---
playing: WoW (PC)
$$ soon: Blue Dragon (DS), MM Zero (DS), River City Soccer (DS), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#4falkner09Posted 6/15/2010 5:25:47 PM
unless the analog stick is programmed to send the same signals as the d-pad. it could be done, with the directions on the stick corresponding tot eh same directions on the d-pad. only catch is that older games wouldn't be programmed to be able to let the character walk/run based on the degree to which the stick is pushed. you would still have to hold down a button for that distinction.

I feel like nintendo wouldn't go to the trouble of coding that functionality in though, but I could be wrong.
---
Support people's right to their bodies! www.myspace.com/genitalintegrity
PSN id: Flaccid_Snake Xbox Live:ScissrMeTimbrs
#5Wetterdew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 8:44:45 PM
only catch is that older games wouldn't be programmed to be able to let the character walk/run based on the degree to which the stick is pushed. you would still have to hold down a button for that distinction.

You're probably right...does anybody know if it's possible to still change this?
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#6YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/15/2010 9:12:28 PM
Well I do remember in the DS, when you played GBA games on the DS, you had the option to use whichever screen you wanted, so perhaps in option mode, it will give you the option to change D-pad to analog stick.

Remember alot of people complained that some DS games needed an analog stick BADLY!
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X