Sexism on the showfloor

#51blazingsonicPosted 6/15/2010 6:34:36 PM
TC.............. I see what you did there.............
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#52tYRE_602Posted 6/15/2010 6:34:57 PM

I could find dozens of comments made in the past few hours about how the gamers here would like to "take the girls home with them" and how jiggly their boobs are. .

Still disagree with everything you've said, but if you're referring to me, I just said those comments to jest and poke fun at misinformed TC, I didn't mean them, sheesh. However, yes, they were attractive. Unless being attracted to the opposite sex is now sexist too.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#53HoboOfAwePosted 6/15/2010 6:41:58 PM
I could definitely argue with you. 80% of the sexism I've seen has been men losing their money, children and property because of gullible, sympathetic judges. It's wrong on so many levels to exclusively sympathize for women. Whatever sexism there is against women today, is there for men too, though perhaps in different forms and places. That's, strangely, equality.
---
R.I.P "Old Scratch"
Rathis_Infinity: "I bought a free roaming game. I have to keep it locked up or else it will escape"
#54WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 6:43:11 PM
^ Yes, I believe you. I was talking more about the sort of comments like the ones on the video link I posted. And I wasn't trying to say that being attracted to the opposite (or same) sex is sexist. Just that game companies shouldn't use exclusively booth babes.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#55WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 6:46:20 PM
(That last comment was directed to tYRE_602.)

HoboOfAwe, the only statement you made that I agree with is that "it's wrong on so many levels to exclusively sympathize for women."

I stand by what I said.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#56Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/15/2010 6:46:23 PM
...game companies shouldn't use exclusively booth babes.

Yeah, look at Sony's conferrence. They had big oily shirtless clowns, and the people loved 'em.
---
Awesomest comic ever:
www.coarselimely.com
#57HoboOfAwePosted 6/15/2010 6:58:40 PM
Wetterdew: Fair enough, I see what you mean in some respects. I stand by my views likewise.
---
R.I.P "Old Scratch"
Rathis_Infinity: "I bought a free roaming game. I have to keep it locked up or else it will escape"
#58pichufan2000Posted 6/15/2010 7:02:24 PM
I was loving their outfit.
---
Nintendo 64 Collector
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=pichu199x
#59gurenmk2Posted 6/15/2010 7:40:20 PM
There was sexism in the way the 3DS was presented, but it had a "reason". When you want to sell something, you don't try to please the whole, but the majorities. Men are the majority of gamers, so they used booth babes to make the majority of the people in the conference pleased to look at the 3DSes and who was holding them.
They didn't do that because they consider women inferior. They did that because that's a marketing strategy.
Also, I want to say something: The argument about "women chose to do that" is really bugging me with it's stupidity. There's ALWAYS going to be someone to do that kind of job. It doesn't matter if it's for women, men or whatever. The people who hired those women wanted to hire specifically women, so it's not those women fault.