Are lefties gonna be forgotten about?

#11Kurisu_bmPosted 6/15/2010 4:44:55 PM
I'm a lefty and it took me about one week to learn to use a stylus in right hand. Lefty people are better and smarter, you should have no such puny problems.
---
English is not my first language.
#12WORT_WORT_WORTPosted 6/15/2010 4:46:14 PM
Shigeru Miyamoto is a leftie.
---
http://images.damncrows.com/img/upld/scarlett-johansson-grab.gif
http://i44.tinypic.com/2czr18o.jpg
#13MajorRagePosted 6/15/2010 4:58:18 PM
InvadersMustDie, you're thinking lefty gingers....
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
#14MasterOtenkoPosted 6/15/2010 5:03:58 PM
What DS games give righties the advantage of using the D-pad while holding the stylus that lefties don't get using the buttons?

Exactly.

Read the topic. He's talking about the analog. There's a nub on the left side, but not on the right. It doesn't have an "equivalent" like the d-pad has in the ABXY. Apparently there are some games that will use nub+stylus simultaneously. Which brings up a problem for us lefties.
---
Unyu! Unya!
#15ElectriumPosted 6/15/2010 5:05:01 PM
Um, all your other controllers are designed the same way? I never heard anyone complain about how the original Dualshock controller wasn't designed for left handed people.
---
Playing: Hexyz Force, Ace Attorney Investigations, SMG2
Lurk more, whine less.
#16NabbyNabsPosted 6/15/2010 5:12:12 PM
More crap. Really, if you aren't left-handed then you won't understand the difficulty we go through and this it's the same for everybody.
Let me tell you, it's not.

It's okay for the normal controllers, and it would be okay... if there wasn't a touch screen. The touch screen requires touch and screws us all over because we don't have the same precision with the right hand EVEN if we are somewhat ambidextrous, which I assure you at least 70% of left-handed people are. Really, even my mouse is on the right side.... but if I have to use Photoshop, I'll switch it to the left side.

It's not impossible to deal with things, but my touch screen is all covered in digitals and I don't like it.

---
FCs in profile, but use this unless stated: Pt (Noy) 0646 8809 2868
Member of the NCG guild. 38 requests done so far~! - http://sites.google.com/site/nabbynabs
#17MewtwoExPosted 6/15/2010 5:14:52 PM
lefties should be use by now, all previous consoles and handheld forced them to use the righties setup, why start a rant now? im right handed and i learned to play super mario 64 ds, using the stylus with my left hand, and i played throught the whole game like that 150 stars, i refused to press buttons with my left thumb, yet i like the stylus control better than the control pad, since i dont have to jump my thumb all over the place just to run, then jump then press action button
---
ACCF 1462 1817 4992 Gustavo @ Homeland
#18CervosiPosted 6/15/2010 5:17:57 PM
Yeah, you don't see anything else with a 'lefty' setup, with the D-Pad on the right, and the Face buttons on the left.

Honestly, most times you'll be using touch input, it'll be in a 'non-action' envoirnment, or a game that doesnt' really require you to really use the D-pad.

Most action games suck ass playing with the touchscreen *coughs at Mario 64*
---
Would you say what you mean, or mean what you say?
Megaman Starforce 3 FC: 4597-7966-2819
#19InvadersMustDiePosted 6/15/2010 5:22:09 PM
I'm right handed and had no trouble playing left handed when my right hand was injured. played games like elite beat agents on hardest difficulty without too much trouble. But I suppose I could see where you're coming from....