Are you guys going to get street fighter 4?

#41Emperor_ZPosted 6/15/2010 8:24:19 PM
I'm content with my couch version
---
I have nothing sig-worthy to say, but the post just feels wrong somehow without one.
#42Gaming KingPosted 6/15/2010 11:06:26 PM
Only if it's the only fighter I can get for 3DS. If KOF or BlazBlue are in, then SSFIV is OUT. Street Fighter IV sucks ducks, and even if Super IV is better (haven't played enough to judge it), they took out Indestructible and nerfed the opening movie severely. Ain't even badass no more. Plus it's annoyingly targeting black people and little kids over everyone else.

Also: Your generalizations about handheld fighters are wrong and here's why.
Granted, the 3DS might not lend itself to overcomplicated IV, but I play my best Street Fighter II on Game Boy Advance! And I have HD Remix on PS3 with a stick. (Oddly enough, I only like to use the stick for Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Taken 6. Go figure.)
Now I don't know if 3DS has the smooth, tight + Control Pad action of the SP, but handheld fighters CAN work. KOF XIII or BlazBlue would work awesome on 3DS unless the + Control Pad and Slide Pad are like the worst ever. But you can't get much worse than the PSP, and I play Alpha 3 just fine on it, albeit with a sore left thumb.

Only REAL issue is SFIV's insanely finnicky timing and requirement of using pretty much every combination of the six buttons. They'll probably have to map PPP and KKK to the Touch Screen or something.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 13
Number of little girls I need to slap in the face: 2
#43brinetoldPosted 6/15/2010 11:09:50 PM
"KOF XIII or BlazBlue would work awesome on 3DS unless the + Control Pad and Slide Pad are like the worst ever."

I certainly hope this day would come.
---
"Don't be silly! I can't let the mother of a Kyokugen heir perish!" - Takuma
#44Shinobi120Posted 6/15/2010 11:12:40 PM

Street Fighter IV sucks ducks, and even if Super IV is better (haven't played enough to judge it), they took out Indestructible and nerfed the opening movie severely. Ain't even badass no more. Plus it's annoyingly targeting black people and little kids over everyone else.

Huh? Isn't that sounding quite absurd & controversial? Plus the Indestructible song was very annoying. I also happen to be African-American at 28, & I enjoy SF & almost every fighting game that has ever came out. It's not targeted towards one race or targeted towards a certain age group.
---
http://www.ksot.com/BoardsFAQ.html
People that love to pick fights with me, they will always lose in the end.
#45Gaming KingPosted 6/15/2010 11:32:26 PM
Capcom is the offensive one. Watch the SFIV commercial and look at the print ads. Then come back and tell me those ads didn't stereotype and target you.
---
#46_games_Posted 6/16/2010 12:10:48 AM
I'm gonna get SF4 and DOA.
#47lizard81288Posted 6/16/2010 8:51:09 AM
controls are also an issue. i had a heck of a time using my psx pad for sf4 (pc) theres what?! 8 buttons. the 3ds didn't add r1,r2,l1,l2, right?

the vs series would be better, even more so mvc3 or tvc. they don't use alot of buttons, nor crazy arc notations.

---
"Shawn is the definition of freakin amazing, another name for cool kid . "
-urban dictionary
#48rytangoPosted 6/16/2010 9:01:26 AM
Only REAL issue is SFIV's insanely finnicky timing and requirement of using pretty much every combination of the six buttons. They'll probably have to map PPP and KKK to the Touch Screen or something."

Precisely what I mean about dumbing it down.

Gamecube had a horrible controller for fighting games, I remember Snk vs. Capcom had moves mapped to the c-stick. So a touch screen would be a viable solution, but still very much boring. You just can't be competitive, so it'll get boring.
#49Gaming KingPosted 6/16/2010 7:37:34 PM
SFIV has never been a good competitive game.

And lizard, I hate the stupid-ass notations Arc players often use as well, but they never appear in-game.
---