Mario Kart 3DS graphics

#1FenderMasterPosted 6/15/2010 5:36:52 PM
http://kotaku.com/5564539/mario-kart-takes-a-spin-on-the-3ds/gallery/

These images are probably more representative of the 3DS real graphical capabilities, remember, MGS 3 was a 3D model viewer, and Kid Icarus wasn't playable.

It's still very nice, slightly more modest than I previously thought, certainly not GameCube quality.
---
SF IV Main: Zangief, alts Ken, Guile, Juri and Makoto
Weak like kitten
#2ohh42Posted 6/15/2010 5:38:56 PM
http://e3src.nintendo.com/3ds/

You can find them here too, along with Star Fox, Animal Crossing, etc. at the bottom of the page
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#3WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 5:39:14 PM
I think they would look better if 3DSes had higher resolutions.

Also, the picture has been blown up.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#4nintend0Fan46Posted 6/15/2010 5:40:50 PM
When I was looking at the pictures, I thought I saw miis.

Maybe there is wii-3ds connection?
#5WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 5:41:03 PM
It would look better with a higher resolution. Also, the pictures have been blown up. Still, these pictures aren't THAT impressive. Some better lighting would do a lot, but Mario Kart games aren't ever very visually impressive.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#6TheTTLegendPosted 6/15/2010 5:42:35 PM
You have to keep in mind that these are the first games on the 3ds and that they are all unfinished products but a lot of them already look on par with the gamecube. If the 3ds can easily do this already then in the future we should see graphics that the gamecube can't do.
#7FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 5:48:05 PM
i realise that these aren't the original resolutions, but specifically looking at the character model, track geometry, kart model etc, it's clear that it is nowhere near on a par with Mario Kart Double Dash, at least in polygon count.

I just think that it goes to show that maybe some of the non gameplay demo's might have been misleading, in terms of the systems visual capabilities. MGS wasn't playable, and neither was Kid Icarus, it's worth keeping in mind, i'm expecting visuals somewhere between PSP/DC and PS2
---
Weak like kitten
#8TheTTLegendPosted 6/15/2010 5:51:05 PM
Look at more pictures of the games announced it easily surpasses ps2 and looks on par with gamecube already.
#9FenderMaster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 5:55:14 PM
what games in particular? i've seen Resident Evil shots, but i think they were FMV, if not then amazing
---
Weak like kitten
#10AndreLeGeantPosted 6/15/2010 5:56:42 PM
It's important to remember art style. Mario Kart Wii isn't a technical powerhouse. It's a bit foolish to try to guess too much about the power right now. Safe to say, it's better than the DS and will probably hit something around the Wii, if not better. It's going to be competitive with what the iPhone can do, which will be Nintendo's main goal.
---
RIP Mitsuharu Misawa, 1962-2009. You were one of the best.