To wait or not to wait?

#1Parrotboy_1230Posted 6/15/2010 7:34:50 PM
I have a DS Phat, and I was thinking about getting a DSi. Now that I've seen the 3DS, I wonder if I should just pick up a DS Lite as a placeholder until the 3DS comes out. I know that the 3DS probably won't hit until March of 2011, so I wonder if a DSi would be worth it. Somehow I don't think so.

What do you guys think?
---
Nintendo FTW! Fire Emblem forever!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#2YoyokuKOPosted 6/15/2010 7:36:08 PM
a dsi won't be worth it if you have a GBA/DS/DSL
#3SakurafanboyPosted 6/15/2010 7:36:25 PM
3DS will make the DSi obsolete. Don't waste the money.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#4MasterOtenkoPosted 6/15/2010 7:37:12 PM
You already have the best DS model, why would you buy another? Unless it was to trade Pokemon with yourself or something...
---
Unyu! Unya!
#5Parrotboy_1230(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 7:38:03 PM
I didn't think so. And I have some GBA games, so I didn't particularly want to give up the backwards compatibility. I guess I'll get a DS Lite if my DS Phat goes out and use it as a placeholder until the 3DS comes out. I don't see any games that look really great that take advantage of the DSi's cameras anyway. (They look cheap, too.)
---
#6Parrotboy_1230(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 7:40:07 PM
Sorry for the double post. I love my DS Phat. I was just a little worried about the battery life. Still lasts 7 hours on a charge, and my sister has a Phat that I could take the battery out of if need be. (She doesn't care) Ehh... DSi doesn't look worth it I guess. 3DS does!
---
#7brinetoldPosted 6/15/2010 7:43:13 PM
It's a waste of money if you think about it thoroughly.

However, if you can afford to waste that money, I'll say go for it.

Collecting handheld console is fun too, after 8 or more years, you can: "Look, I got a DSL in my shelf!".
---
"Don't be silly! I can't let the mother of a Kyokugen heir perish!" - Takuma
#8Grunt40Posted 6/15/2010 7:47:00 PM
If need-be, trade in your Phat towards a Lite. Lite's are cheap so you'd be fine. Plus they have BC with GBA games.
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#9shadyelfPosted 6/15/2010 7:48:31 PM
DSi is not worth it.
---
?
#10PeremptorPosted 6/15/2010 7:49:05 PM

It's a waste of money if you think about it thoroughly.

However, if you can afford to waste that money, I'll say go for it.

It's entirely subjective if it's a waste of money or not.

I just bought a DSi myself (got it new but open box for $99, too good a deal to pass up) and I can appreciate the improved controls and slightly larger screens to go along with the nifty extras the device has relative to the DS and DSlite.

If you got the money and you can justify spending it on a DSi, go for it. If not get a used Lite of ebay. You can get models in excellent condition in the 65-75 dollar range easy with enough patience.
---
"People are stupid and half of them are stupider" - G. Carlin