To wait or not to wait?

#11Parrotboy_1230(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 8:00:38 PM
Oh. I was just going to go to GameStop (Note to self: Must check online stores more often)

How are the controls? I didn't really like the DS Lite's (Too small. They also had some give in them that the phat doesn't have). The domed A/B/X/Y buttons felt like they had some give in them, too.

The DSi has the DSiware store, larger screens, and cameras (which I'm discounting b/c I don't care for them). Basically, I have to know whether the DSi Store+slightly larger screens are worth losing the GBA compatibility.
Probably not, in my case. Anything the DSi can do, the 3DS should be able to. Guess I'll have to think about it some more. My DS Phat isn't about to die just yet, but by the time the 3DS rolls around, it might be on its last legs. I do take good care of it, though.
---
Nintendo FTW! Fire Emblem forever!
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#12PeremptorPosted 6/15/2010 8:12:13 PM

Basically, I have to know whether the DSi Store+slightly larger screens are worth losing the GBA compatibility.

There is some very nice stuff available through DSiware but obviously it can't compete with the GBA gaming library. Of course, you can still keep that phat just for GBA purposes to go along with a DSi.

It all depends on you. Just research and try to do some play testing on both a Lite and a Dsi or even a XL and go with whatever will give you the most bang for the buck as far as you're concerned.

If you plan to be an early adopter and are going to purchase a 3DS on launch day saving up to splurge on the console and a few games and tiding your time with your old Phat might just be the ticket.

Whatever you decide, hope it's the right move for you and your personal gaming needs.
---
"People are stupid and half of them are stupider" - G. Carlin
#13brinetoldPosted 6/15/2010 8:17:25 PM
True. I was thinking if you can wait for 3DS why buy a DSi unless...?

Anyway, TC stated DSi and DS Lite...Iol..oh please ignore me.

---
"Don't be silly! I can't let the mother of a Kyokugen heir perish!" - Takuma