Reasonable Pricing and Release date?

#41boshirulzPosted 6/18/2010 3:21:47 AM
I think before Christmas. The holiday rush for this thing would be insane! Probably about $200-$230 and games priced at about $40, maybe more for the more popular games.
---
The only thing worse than beating a dead horse is betting on one.
#42schlanzPosted 6/18/2010 9:43:12 PM

While this is true, the Wii and DS have already sold a bajillion units each world wide, so they may be willing to accept reduced sales of those two in favor of the 3DS. At least that's kind of what I'm hoping for. I just want one SO BAD.

I feel ya man. I want one so bad also.. as I'm sure many people on this board do.

But I think that a gadget of this magnitude will have no trouble selling regardless of whether its a holiday season or not. The issue is supply, not demand. Demand will be there when they launch it. They might as well try to sell as many DS Lite and DSi units as they can this holiday before the 3DS launches. And the Wii has also been seeing sales drop- they will want one more push.

Of course, if they think they need the 3DS to compete with Move and Natal as "the" holiday gadget to have, then perhaps they will release it this year. Otherwise, I don't see it happening.
---
Something can be multi platform and exclusive at the same time. ~Geist
the dude abides