There is a way to turn the 3D image on the top screen into a touch screen!

#1Nave316Posted 6/15/2010 8:06:28 PM
Imagine if the 3DS stylus had a little point at the end of it that would light up and turn a certain color. Then, the camera on the 3DS could track the point on the stylus, much in the way that the Playstation MOVE tracks that controller, and allow you to literaly touch the 3D images that are popping out at you. That way, gamers could literally reach out into 3D space and touch and object floating in front of them for the first time and actually interact with it. PLEASE Nintendo, put this tech into the 3DS and it will be even more amazing!

The 3DS is going to be a true revolution in the interactive entertainment industry, and if they can put this tech in as well, which I dont see why they couldn't, then it will be even more amazing.

Everyone's first instinct when seeing impressive 3D tech is to reach out and try to grab and interact with the 3D image. If Nintendo could program the 3DS camera to be able to track the 3DS stylus somehow, they this reality can finally come true. Lets hope Nintendo considers it before the system is released...
#2the_ice_phoenixPosted 6/15/2010 8:09:13 PM
I think the technique that the Move uses is patented - I saw some patent documents flying around the internet a couple years back, if memory serves correctly. Plus, I'm not sure if the camera is optimised for close-range work (but rather for mid-range facial recognition, etc.).

But hey, if they can pull it off, it would be pretty cool.

---
If I had a dollar for every time Jesus died for my sins and rose again, I'd have one dollar.
#3Grunt40Posted 6/15/2010 8:12:16 PM
Why would you want a touch screen on top? They didn't even need a 2nd screen on the bottom, just 1 3D screen on top, yet they still kept it in.

Like you said, it's a revolution, and it already is. Why waste development time on something that isn't needed? PLUS they even said the top screen touch screen isn't possible as it ruins the 3D effect. Sorry buddy, ain't happening
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#4__NFK__Posted 6/15/2010 8:17:22 PM

Why would you want a touch screen on top? They didn't even need a 2nd screen on the bottom, just 1 3D screen on top, yet they still kept it in.

Like you said, it's a revolution, and it already is. Why waste development time on something that isn't needed? PLUS they even said the top screen touch screen isn't possible as it ruins the 3D effect. Sorry buddy, ain't happening

Re-read the topic because you don't understand what he's saying. He's not talking about an actual touch screen, but a way for the camera to track the stylus so you can interact with the projected 3D image in real space, not on the touch screen.

Also the camera can be used for headtracking YAH YAH YAH!!! Make it happen.

---
-NFK
#5Grunt40Posted 6/15/2010 8:29:51 PM

Re-read the topic because you don't understand what he's saying. He's not talking about an actual touch screen, but a way for the camera to track the stylus so you can interact with the projected 3D image in real space, not on the touch screen.

Also the camera can be used for headtracking YAH YAH YAH!!! Make it happen.

Yes I read it. But regardless, any use of touch and any prints will ruin the 3D. And I don't want to wait another year for a redesign.
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#6__NFK__Posted 6/16/2010 7:38:02 AM
You still don't get it. -_-

It's about using the stylus in the air with the 3D image. How would you get fingerprints onto an illusion floating around in real space?

---
-NFK