._. My eyes hurt.

#1WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 10:16:29 PM
I was reading through this website for the past hour learning how to re-focus my eyes to view images in 3d. I've been told how to do it before, but this is the first thing that has finally taught me how: vision3d.com

Click on "see 3d without glasses," then "How to see 3d." Training with the dots worked for me, but only for parallel viewing. I'm still trying to learn how to do the convergent-eyes kind.

It can make your eyes hurt if you strain too much, so be careful and take breaks. Hopefully this is enough 3d to tide you over for a bit. I think this is how a 3DS works, except that the two images are basically superimposed rather than side-by-side, so you don't have to focus your eyes "beyond" or in front of the screen.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#2Grunt40Posted 6/15/2010 10:18:20 PM

I was reading through this website for the past hour learning how to re-focus my eyes to view images in 3d. I've been told how to do it before, but this is the first thing that has finally taught me how: vision3d.com

Click on "see 3d without glasses," then "How to see 3d." Training with the dots worked for me, but only for parallel viewing. I'm still trying to learn how to do the convergent-eyes kind.

It can make your eyes hurt if you strain too much, so be careful and take breaks. Hopefully this is enough 3d to tide you over for a bit. I think this is how a 3DS works, except that the two images are basically superimposed rather than side-by-side, so you don't have to focus your eyes "beyond" or in front of the screen.

yeahhh nooo.

Not how it works for the 3DS. You don't have to train your eyes for the movies, why train your eyes for this?

And if you don't like the 3D feature, you can turn off the 3D with a little slide on the side of the DS so you can at least enjoy all the amazing games that will be available for it.
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#3NitemareNSPosted 6/15/2010 10:22:03 PM
you don't have to train anything. When u get it, just be aware that you can't focus on something in the background. You can only focus your eyes on what they want you to focus them on, and you'll be fine.
---
Ur So fat
#4Wetterdew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 10:26:07 PM
^ Grunt40, I don't think you understand; reread my last sentence: "I think this is how a 3DS works, except that the two images are basically superimposed rather than side-by-side, so you don't have to focus your eyes "beyond" or in front of the screen."

I will reword it: "This is how a 3DS works, except that the two similar images are put together on the same screen. This way, you don't have to re-focus your eyes to the space in front of or behind the screen, which is what makes 3d viewing so annoying without glasses when you have those two images." So it's the same 3d effect happening on a 3DS as is on that website, except on a 3DS you would just need to look at it normally rather than going through the effort; therefore, you could probably see a much stronger 3d effect.
---
#5Wetterdew(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2010 10:28:00 PM
When u get it, just be aware that you can't focus on something in the background. You can only focus your eyes on what they want you to focus them on, and you'll be fine.

Really? That doesn't make sense to me. Where did you hear that?
---
#6NitemareNSPosted 6/15/2010 11:01:57 PM

When u get it, just be aware that you can't focus on something in the background. You can only focus your eyes on what they want you to focus them on, and you'll be fine.

Really? That doesn't make sense to me. Where did you hear that?

I dunno I read it on some site I think cracked or lifehacker, tells you how to properly look at 3d. The reasoning behind it was quite logical, since 3d has everything in the same amount of focus, but the action still only takes place in one plane (foreground, not background) so looking at the back hurts your eyes.
---
Ur So fat
#7InvadersMustDiePosted 6/15/2010 11:03:14 PM
what does this have to do with 3DS?
#8KaMitsukaiPosted 6/15/2010 11:07:23 PM
I wish i didnt't toss my psych book. Anyway, its been around for a while that you can do this, back when 3-d was first discovered.
---
What would you do if a pretty butterfly landed on the palm of your hand?
HG/SS FC: 1935-3299-8382