why is there an infrared port?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. why is there an infrared port?
5 years ago#1
i don't know much about infrared ports, but i do know that the 3DS has one. but why?

---
AC:CF FC:2622-2402-1466
Name: Pocky Town: Turnleaf
5 years ago#2
Mystery Gift? ololol
---
Unyu! Unya!
5 years ago#3
ummm.... bump?
---
5 years ago#4
There isn't. I believe you're talking about the charging cradle terminal?

nput/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.
5 years ago#5
There isn't. I believe you're talking about the charging cradle terminal?

no there really is an IR port.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-nintendo-3ds/101748
go to 00:55 to see him specifically say "Infrared Port".

---
5 years ago#6
Infrared is not on the Input/Output list though. Which is odd. I suppose maybe they wanted to make things like the Pokemon Walker cheaper to implement rather than design DS carts which are Infrared themselves?

Then again I can't see it. But the Gameboy Colour (maybe the Gameboy too) had one so why can't this? I'm not sure now.
5 years ago#7
If it is in fact an IR Port:
I suppose maybe they wanted to make things like the Pokemon Walker cheaper to implement rather than design DS carts which are Infrared themselves
^this
I wonder if they'll somehow make it compatible with the wii remote..... like some augmented reality using the cameras.... I'm sure Johnny Chung will find a way...
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. why is there an infrared port?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived