GRAPHICS: 3DS > or = Wii

#1a_wild_pokemanPosted 6/15/2010 11:35:24 PM
Anyone notice that this graphical update, judging from the Kid Icarus trailer, had better if not pityfully close to the same graphics as the Wii lol?

Also they were talking about something that sounded an awful lot like matchmaking or something like xbox live/dashboard, ooooOOOOOoooo

Im so excited for this i hope they focus heavily on it and let the wii fade away in the dust mine gathered in between the SMGalaxy games lol.
---
"Braid is good but getting blown out of proportion by emo kids who think this is as deep and dark as their PAIN." - grubbybatsnow
#2WetterdewPosted 6/15/2010 11:37:27 PM
It was <, not > or =. I hope it will get there, though.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#3TwilightEchoesPosted 6/15/2010 11:38:57 PM
^
MGS:SE would like a word with you.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#4AndreLeGeantPosted 6/15/2010 11:44:15 PM
We'll really need to see it in motion, but the MGS demo looked closer to MGS4 than MGS3 in terms of its visuals if you do comparisons. The first gen games seem to be at the Wii's level and I wouldn't be shocked if we see some really stunning stuff next year.
---
RIP Mitsuharu Misawa, 1962-2009. You were one of the best.
#5Iced_ShadowsPosted 6/15/2010 11:45:05 PM
Right now, there is just too much debate over how powerful the 3DS really is. Right now, I'm saying it seems to be just under the Wii. The Wii has Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy. Right now, the 3DS can't compare to those.
---
The most realistic games are the original arcade games. You can't beat them, and they just get harder and faster until you just die... kind of like real life.
#6AndreLeGeantPosted 6/15/2010 11:46:43 PM
Neither of those games are particularly stunning just by technical merit. They get a lot of their good looks from art style. Mario Galaxy particularly is all about the stylized visuals.
---
RIP Mitsuharu Misawa, 1962-2009. You were one of the best.
#7Iced_ShadowsPosted 6/15/2010 11:49:21 PM
I guess that's true, I never really thought about it and I admit my knowledge about this stuff is lacking. I suppose the 3DS could pull off similar looking games, then?
---
The most realistic games are the original arcade games. You can't beat them, and they just get harder and faster until you just die... kind of like real life.
#8slugbossPosted 6/15/2010 11:59:18 PM
Kid Icarus flying around dodging lasers did look pretty sweet.. In 3D, I think it would surpass most wii games.
---
TAG & ID is slugboss.
#9WetterdewPosted 6/16/2010 12:15:29 AM
MGS:SE would like a word with you.

It doesn't look as good as a Wii game. Neither does Kid Icarus: Uprising.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#10ManokadoboPosted 6/16/2010 12:46:27 AM
What I'm thinkin':

Polygons: PS2 < 3DS < GC
Shaders: Wii <= 3DS
Textures: GC = 3DS
---
"The fault finder will find fault even in paradise." - Henry David Thoreau