So what's your thoughts on the unmatched screen sizes?

#1MiyamotofANPosted 6/16/2010 12:45:58 AM
I don't know how to feel about it. It looks a little weird tbh, but maybe that's because I'm so accustomed to my XL screens matching. Even so, it is only a minor thing. However, I sincerely hope they change their minds or that their redesign does something different.
#2DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/16/2010 12:47:51 AM
Honestly, if you try playing Elite Beat Agents or Ouendan on the DS, there are some songs that have you go from the extreme top right of the screen to the extreme bottom left in a split second. It's hard to do.

I can't imagine playing games on a touch screen any wider. I don't wanna.
#3DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/16/2010 12:48:22 AM
Double post, but I actually wish the top screen was WIDER while the bottom screen stayed the same.
#4slugbossPosted 6/16/2010 12:55:16 AM
It makes sense, widescreen is the best way to view cinema and the bottom half would be unnecessarily wide just to fit controls next to a screen that cant even display 3D. I'm sure they could still pull off some vertical games quite well, but the touch screen is really just are second analog now, because everything good will be displayed on top. I wish there was more top buttons...
---
TAG & ID is slugboss.
#5BluffnixPosted 6/16/2010 12:57:30 AM
I don't mind the way it looks. I can see it working quite well actually.
---
..*) .*) Mewtwo X9
(. (. . .`.
#6Mr_BartucPosted 6/16/2010 12:57:38 AM
id prefer matched.. imagine playing hotel dusk sideways with it... I think they're just leaving room for a remodel.
---
www.thezeitgeistmovement.com
#7Wandering TacticianPosted 6/16/2010 12:58:01 AM
I wholeheartedly dislike the mismatched screens. One of my favorite uses of the dual screen model was the sideways holding, book style. If you did that now it would just seem odd.

Otherwise I just dislike it because it looks odd.
---
Name: Aaron
Diamond FC:2191 4553 5461
#8johnthedrifterPosted 6/16/2010 6:23:34 AM
I'm sure programmers can just black out the sides of the top screen if the want the top and bottom to match (like watching 4:3 on a widescreen TV). That's probably how playing original DS games will look anyway.
#9KogaSteelfangPosted 6/16/2010 6:25:33 AM
I'd prefer if they matched. But really, I'm ok with it.

They could easily up the sizer of the lower screen for the release(hopefully).
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
#10deathsaber79Posted 6/16/2010 6:27:50 AM
no biggie, they give us a more cinematic 3d widescreen on top, bottom is just touchscreen.

They can do letter boxing for cuscenes where they want to do verticial stuff and have both match.