Who really won E3? I know the answer. (Really long)

#1TNF4LifePosted 6/15/2010 11:47:50 PM
I'm posted this on the 360, PS3, Wii and 3DS boards.

Every E3 we ask ourselves "who won E3?"

The answer is pretty simple and obvious. I mostly read and didn't watch the conference that much because I was traveling from my short vacation during the time. So if I have anything wrong or missed anything, let me know. I just came back not too long ago.

To my surprise, Microsoft didn't really do well with Xbox 360. Nothing really new and their priority was Kinect. Compared to previous years, I am safe to say that MS did a terrible job this year. MS usually delivers at E3 and I consider their showing the best of the three. But not this year. I'm not impressed with Kinect but I am interested in Dance Central. From what I've read (and a screenshot I saw) it looks really fun. Only the camera is needed. It's not intended to make you become an expert dancer but you'll definitely learn some moves. New Slim 360 looks great!

Sony did well with their conference. I'll admit that I may have skimmed some information though. I was happy with Twisted Metal PS3 announcement. That was really big for me. I already knew about Motorstorm: Apocalypse and I'm interested in it as well. I'm happy with Sony bringing 3D to their games. I'm not hyped for it and it won't affect me but it's good to see them add something to what they offer. I'm not impressed with PS Move but I need to look into it some more. I don't see why Sony wants to charge people for their PSN Plus but we'll see what they have to offer. From my understanding, playing online is still free. And it's good to see Valve support PS3. Now even more people can enjoy the awesome games from them.

As for Nintendo? Well, I was extremely surprised! In my opinion they had the best to offer in terms of exclusivity. Zelda: Skyward Sword looks incredibly fun and great! Mario Sports Mix looks fun too. DS has Golden Sun! The show stopper was the 3DS. I'm already sold on it. It has a great line up of games such as Metal Gear Solid 3DS (I'm a huge MG fan), Dead or Alive, Mario Kart 3DS, Kingdom Hearts and many others. I stopped caring about handheld gaming with both DS and PSP. I wasn't interested in it. But I'm extremely excited for 3DS. The graphics look great, the features sound really good and I believe it won't disappoint. I don't know about the controls or the 3D aspect itself (how does that work without glasses?) but I'll have to try one out before I judge it. Overall Nintendo did a fantastic showing. They clearly did the best this year and I'm still shocked at that. They've had the worst E3 in the past couple of years (or longer).

So who won E3?

We all did! Gamers won E3! We get to enjoy the games Sony, MS and Nintendo have to offer along with all the multiplatform games. If we don't like something, we'll avoid it. But all the companies had something good to offer. Who cares if X company did bad at E3 or who ever you thought did the best or worst. Only fanboys care about that and they are pathetic (I used to be one). A true gamer only cares about gaming and know every console has something to offer to them.

With that said, I hope fanboys can mature a bit. I'm not here to start a console war or anything. I'm simply stating my opinion. There's really no real "E3 winner" because it's just an opinion. I hope some of you agree with the message I'm trying to send. It's okay if you don't agree with my opinions. I'm extremely happy to be a gamer today (even though it's headed places that I don't agree with).
#2DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/15/2010 11:49:41 PM
Truth, friend. But you won't fund much support on the troll infested heap that is the internet.
#3ddownpoundPosted 6/15/2010 11:49:44 PM
yeahhhh.
nintendo won.
#4Iced_ShadowsPosted 6/15/2010 11:53:47 PM
Well said, my friend. I couldn't agree more with all of this.
---
The most realistic games are the original arcade games. You can't beat them, and they just get harder and faster until you just die... kind of like real life.
#5Xtreme09Posted 6/16/2010 12:07:43 AM
Nnnnnno i'm pretty sure Nintendo won this round.
But I will say that Microsoft came a close second and their show on the Kninect was very interesting.

You TC saying gamers won means you're talking about who won the gaming industry between Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. Not who won E3. Gamers are spectators, not competitors.

---
See Quote
#6TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 1:14:46 AM

Nnnnnno i'm pretty sure Nintendo won this round.
But I will say that Microsoft came a close second and their show on the Kninect was very interesting.

You TC saying gamers won means you're talking about who won the gaming industry between Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony. Not who won E3. Gamers are spectators, not competitors.

The thing is, there's no real winner between the companies. Just because one of them has the best E3 (what everyone calls "winning E3") does not mean they won the gaming industry at all. Infact, 1 company dominating the entire gaming industry would be terrible. The point I was trying to make was that gamers are the true winners. We have the choice pretty much.

Not all of us own all the consoles but that shouldn't stop us from being excited for the console manufacturer's catalog. It's the fanboys who are insecure and start naming "winners".
#7ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 1:18:15 AM
So what you're saying is you're a hippie because you don't believe in competition? Gotcha. Imma go eat some panda meat and let my Humvee idle while I watch documentaries on what war is good for. The answer? Everything
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#8TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 1:20:35 AM

So what you're saying is you're a hippie because you don't believe in competition? Gotcha. Imma go eat some panda meat and let my Humvee idle while I watch documentaries on what war is good for. The answer? Everything

If you actually read my post you'll understand I believe in competition. I simply don't believe in monopoly.
#9LunarKnightsPosted 6/16/2010 1:24:41 AM
When I saw the 3DS demonstration I had an orgasm. I can't wait for it!!!

---
Gamer Tag: LionheartFLCL
Currently playing: L4D2, MGS1, and SSF4: Main (Chun-li)
#10ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 1:26:46 AM
If you actually read my post you'll understand I believe in competition. I simply don't believe in monopoly.

So you're saying you're a communist? Well, son, we've got one way of dealing with communists 'round these parts.

I challenge you to a SHAOLIN SHOWDOWN!
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21