Screen more clear in the sunlight without a glare?

#1MasterAdeptAlexPosted 6/16/2010 7:54:01 AM
I like to play my handhelds outside while I suntan. A problem that I have with the screens of my DSi sometimes is the glare that appears. Do you think the 3DS will be more playable outside in the sunlight without a glare on screen?
---
Not changing this sig until Golden Sun DS and Zelda Wii are released and I own a copy of them. (Started 6/10/09)
#2berndie90Posted 6/16/2010 7:55:32 AM
Likely not. The newer TV screens, handheld games, etc aren't matte - meaning they will have a glare.
#3Sarick_LyrePosted 6/16/2010 8:18:12 AM
Portable consoles of course aren't meant to be taken out of the home!

I honestly can't play any portable console outside except for the Gameboy (colour), GBA (original), and the SP didn't give me that much trouble. When I take my DS outside I can only make the faintest of shapes on the DS and DSi.

It's even worse being in passenger in a car because you get the sun issue and the fact I'm moving makes me feel kind of sick. That and I seem to not like playing in the presence of people who are not.

Pretty much the main portableness I ever experience is if I bring it around to a friend's house to play with them. Which doesn't happen that often as the people I know who own a DS have all lost their chargers or something else (such as a broken screen) which prevents them playing.
#4ViewtifulGenePosted 6/16/2010 9:01:47 AM
"people I know who own a DS have all lost their chargers or something else (such as a broken screen) which prevents them playing."

You know DS owners that never go to Wal Mart or Best Buy? They have chargers there.
---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***.