They really should revise the 3DS design to include a dual thumb stick!

#1HokutoXPosted 6/16/2010 9:48:40 AM
Nintendo really should revise the design of the 3DS to include a dual thumb stick. This is essential to the control of a lot of the ports they are planning (i/e Metal Gear Solid 3), and would benefit all new games.

The lack of a dual thumb stick on the PSP was a major complaint that was never addressed, and now it seems that Nintendo might make the same mistake. There is room for it on the right hand side of the design at the moment, they should revise it before it is too late.
#2weeedinPosted 6/16/2010 9:50:53 AM
touch screen
---
PSN: weeedin Steam: weeedin
XBL: weeedin
#3RayHorakPosted 6/16/2010 9:53:30 AM
Touch screen.
And then some.
#4HokutoX(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 9:55:02 AM
It's not the same, you need buttons. The touch screen control stick in Super Mario 64 DS was terrible.
#5rytangoPosted 6/16/2010 9:55:34 AM
I dunno about you guys, but playing a fps on the DS using the touch screen was just awful. A dual stick would be a much better choice for camera manipulation.
#6luigi33Posted 6/16/2010 10:00:30 AM

I dunno about you guys, but playing a fps on the DS using the touch screen was just awful. A dual stick would be a much better choice for camera manipulation.

LOLno. That is like saying PC fps is inferior to console.
---
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/1844/1129091848.jpg <-- Luigi33 sign pic
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2862/brandonu.png <-- My pic
#7ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 10:08:29 AM
I liked Metroid Prime Hunters' level of control with the touch screen. I think we'll be fine.

Besides, there is really no reason for the second analog stick on many of the games announce.

In MGS3 you use it to slightly move the camera every now and then if you need a different angle. That can easily be on the touch screen.

In Resident Evil, you have to stop and not move to fire, which means the aiming will be mapped to the slide pad. Otherwise the second analog controls the camera slightly, which again the touch screen can do.

Kingdom Hearts was already made on the Nintendo DS and I ran into few hitches with that game's camera once I got the hang of it with the L and R buttons.

I'm not sure about Splinter Cell.

None of the other games have a use for a second analog stick really.
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#8Ulquiorra87Posted 6/16/2010 10:11:31 AM
It's not the same, you need buttons. The touch screen control stick in Super Mario 64 DS was terrible.

I actually liked those controls...
---
"Put a slice of ham in the DVD player. It will play a short film about pigs"
#9M155L35Posted 6/16/2010 10:25:09 AM

you and all the dual sticks in the world would get trounced by touch-screen tactility
#10CrazyIvan606Posted 6/16/2010 10:27:50 AM
Yeah, because using the touch screen analog stick in Mario 64DS was AWESOME.

Plus, you'd have your stylus in the way, it'd be a pain in the ass to hold that way, and how on earth would you get to the other buttons comfortably? No, it needs two thumbsticks, and a more substantial body to hold onto.
---
Just think of your front door as a loading screen and go get some real achievements. -Stevolution
XBL: CrazyIvan 606