The graphics are close to PS3 level - proof inside

#51Lost_Seraph09Posted 6/16/2010 10:06:51 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/939425-final-fantasy-iv/images/screen-1

WOW, DS is even more powerful then its successor!!!
#52spectermaster14Posted 6/16/2010 10:08:16 AM
My god, people. Some of you are trying way too hard to lowball the thing.
---
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
- Edward Blake
#53tYRE_602Posted 6/16/2010 10:09:10 AM
For the 50th time, MGS3 showed in-game movement, not just a cutscene.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#54FenderMasterPosted 6/16/2010 10:11:11 AM
That's different man, that's FMV, still looks better than Wii/3DS graphics, but you can't control the camera manually in FMV, you can in high poly, non playable cut scenes.

if you look at the KH: BBS shots you can see how different non playable cutscene models (but not FMV, so camera can move freely), can look from normal, playable, in game models.
---
SF IV Main: Zangief, alts Ken, Guile, Juri and Makoto
Weak like kitten
#55FenderMasterPosted 6/16/2010 10:14:06 AM
i watched the trailer, and I own every MGS title, so I can safely say, those are high poly cutscene character models, just because you can control the camera, doesn't make it in game footage. MGS IV and FFXIII used the same trick, go play it and compare in game models, to cut scenr models, then to FMV models.
---
Weak like kitten
#56tYRE_602Posted 6/16/2010 10:18:50 AM
The camera was controllable, and I'm not talking about the cutscene. It was an in-game level, allowing you to look at whatever you like, go through the grass, look at a crocodile, follow Snake, etc.

You can't do that in any FMV or CGI.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#57spectermaster14Posted 6/16/2010 10:19:33 AM
He's not talking about the cutscenes or the screens with Boss, he's talking about the one part in the video that actually has Big Boss wandering around and crossing the bridge.
---
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
- Edward Blake
#58FenderMasterPosted 6/16/2010 10:31:30 AM
The camera was controllable, and I'm not talking about the cutscene. It was an in-game level, allowing you to look at whatever you like, go through the grass, look at a crocodile, follow Snake, etc.

You can't do that in any FMV or CGI.

read my last post again

in game models =/= high poly cutscene models =/= FMV

you can control the camera in the first two, but not FMV

anyone who's played MGS 4 can tell you that it's cutscene models were higher polygon than in game models, and that you could still control the camera during these scenes, that's how Kojima does things.

Feel free to not read my post again though.
---
Weak like kitten
#59Ulquiorra87Posted 6/16/2010 10:52:06 AM
Agreed with FenderMaster. Unless you compare footage of the game in-play to MGS4 gameplay, this won't work.
---
"Put a slice of ham in the DVD player. It will play a short film about pigs"