My friend seems to think the 3D is done so differently on this system, that -

#11AntwanHaze420Posted 6/16/2010 1:27:18 PM
They say right in the press release about how the screen produces two images and sends one to each eye. With only one eye, you only get one image, therefore the brain cannot compute depth. It can fake it based on how is processes images from the eye, but true depth perception is lost on someone with less than 2 fully functioning eyes.
---
|W|E|E|D|
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯My Anti-Drug™ GT: AntwanHaze420
#12Glass_BearPosted 6/16/2010 1:28:04 PM
wait a minute - there's no way Kid Icarus or MGS could have been done that way on DS. Looks like the graphics will be FAR better for 3ds. So you're not actually just paying for 3D.
---
. . . So here comes this GIANT ENEMY CRAB.
#13AP3BrainPosted 6/16/2010 1:32:08 PM

wait a minute - there's no way Kid Icarus or MGS could have been done that way on DS. Looks like the graphics will be FAR better for 3ds. So you're not actually just paying for 3D.

I did mention the Wii as well. People with eye problems are still wasting probably a large portion of their money on the 3d effects that they cannot enjoy if they get a 3ds.
#14Glass_BearPosted 6/16/2010 2:01:31 PM
so you're comparing the 3ds games to Wii games now? you do know that the 3ds is a handheld system and wii is a home console, right?

and besides - who buys a system for the specifications, anyway? It's all about the games, and so far the 3ds lineup looks promising. (I do have two fully functional eyes, though, so maybe I'm biased)
---
. . . So here comes this GIANT ENEMY CRAB.