Was it announced that we can transfer our DSiWare games?

#1O_Town_RulezPosted 6/16/2010 11:44:37 AM
I have about $30 worth of DSiWare games, and I want to keep them.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Leader of the Pokemon Adoption Center (PAC)
#2ChargrilledPosted 6/16/2010 11:46:56 AM
no, nothing has been mentioned about transfering content from the dsi across to a new system.

it will be the same question when a new wii comes out.

its one area where nintendo really slipped up in my view. content needs to be tied to an account.
if they want to combat piracy and stop people just sharing one account around then make it so that the account can only be registered on one or 2 devices at a time. (one wii and one dsi/3ds for example)

my nintendo account which holds my stars knows that ive purchased stuff, so its really bizarre that linking it doesnt allow me to download that stuff again on a new machine.
#3solarlensPosted 6/16/2010 11:47:36 AM
just keep the DSi....
---
Zapp Brannigan: "As my protege you should know that the only way to deal with a female adversary is to seduce her. "
#4O_Town_Rulez(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 11:52:10 AM

just keep the DSi....

I'm not rich. To get the 3DS I'm gonna have to get rid of DSi.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Leader of the Pokemon Adoption Center (PAC)
#5Sarick_LyrePosted 6/16/2010 11:55:55 AM
DSiware has the DSi in mind. Effectively you're asking the 3DS to have emulation of DSiware

It is very unlikely to happen. All downloadable content to the new system will be new itself, and very little old (and most likely has to be attempted to be ported). I imagine this will be how it works in the Wii's successor too. Except in the Wii's case it's better staying as a Wii due to rubbish SD-HD compatibility.
#6luffy513Posted 6/16/2010 12:06:47 PM
Nintendo has said DSiWare will be compatible on the 3DS. Not sure where they said it, but I remember it. Here's a link:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/3DS/Nintendo+3DS/feature.asp?c=21451
---
If Ike fights for his friends, then who fights for Ike?
#7ElectriumPosted 6/16/2010 12:08:17 PM
I really wonder about that. The 3DS is SD compatible so maybe they're transferable via SD.
---
Playing: Hexyz Force, Ace Attorney Investigations, SMG2
Lurk more, whine less.