3d pokemon battles

#11PudopistPosted 6/16/2010 1:06:58 PM

I immediately thought of sprites fighting in 3d and then laughed.

Haha I love you
---
MH:Tri - Corm
#12NomchanPosted 6/16/2010 1:10:36 PM
Pokemon stadium sprites at least

Uh, Pokemon Stadium didn't use sprites.
---
Final Fantasy XIII Defense Force
Cute girl like me, it's hard to close your eyes. - Oerba Dia Vanille
#13roflman08Posted 6/16/2010 1:11:12 PM
You know what I mean...
---
6x8=24 kills needed for that. Not to mention whether or not he had hardline...
#14DarkKirby2500Posted 6/16/2010 1:21:33 PM
Most of Black and White are already easy to port to 3d, the over world and over world animations are at least.

The battles are 2D sprites. If you made this part 3D, it would look like paper cut outs having a battle witch each other.

Paper Mario has it working out because it's like that on purpose, all the time, as a style. Pokemon does not have that.

---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#15DeuxHeroPosted 6/16/2010 1:48:17 PM

Pokemon stadium sprites at least

Uh, Pokemon Stadium didn't use sprites.
---
Final Fantasy XIII Defense Force
Cute girl like me, it's hard to close your eyes. - Oerba Dia Vanille

Yes it did. The menus, trainer portraits and a few other things were all sprites
---
God was a dream of good government. You will soon have your God, and you will make it with your own hands.-Morpheus -Deus Ex
#16sackboypwnsallPosted 6/16/2010 1:53:00 PM
I'd like them to change their minds and make it ported to the 3DS twilight princess style. That would DEFINATLY be a launch purchase for me. That & paper Mario? Ill be quiet for months.
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#17DarkKirby2500Posted 6/16/2010 2:00:28 PM
Now you're correcting him because he's not 100% correct, although you know what he really means.

If Game Freak wanted to port Black and White to 3D they would have to make 3D character models for each Pokemon and make new in battle animations. If they wanted to be lazy beesters they could rip most of them from other already 3D type Pokemon games like Pokemon Colosseum and the one for the Wii.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a 3D port to black and white on the 3DS, of course AFTER you've already purchased the 2D version, so they make 2x the profit.

---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>