Not a gimmick! :D

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Not a gimmick! :D
5 years ago#1
Its so nice to have Quality games with 3D in the title and not see it as a gimmick for a change. :)
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
5 years ago#2
? Isn't the 3d part a gimmick?
5 years ago#3
gimmick =/= bad

gimmick is just something added to that game to make it more appealing. So, yes, 3D is a gimmick.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
5 years ago#4
^This
---
PSN: scionthedark
GT : Scion The Dark
5 years ago#5
Well, just like motion control, if everyone else is doing it, it can't be bad when used correctly, right?
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
5 years ago#6
Yeah, it's a gimmick as it doesn't really offer anything substantial to the gameplay only experience.

It's one that I can actually stand tho since it isn't required or forced on you and you don't have to wear or use any silly peripherals.
5 years ago#7

gimmick =/= bad

gimmick is just something added to that game to make it more appealing. So, yes, 3D is a gimmick.

Yeah usually gimmicks aren't bad but are used to milk more money than the gimmicks are worth.
5 years ago#8
Yeah usually gimmicks aren't bad but are used to milk more money than the gimmicks are worth.

That's why there's usually the option to not use them. I played tons of DS games and have been able to use the directional buttons or a/b depending on the situation and the game still be enjoyable. The same will apply here. Think they're milking 3D? Turn it off.
---
5 years ago#9

That's why there's usually the option to not use them. I played tons of DS games and have been able to use the directional buttons or a/b depending on the situation and the game still be enjoyable. The same will apply here. Think they're milking 3D? Turn it off.

I meant milking money that you are paying for the 3d effects. Even if you turn the 3D off you are still paying for it.
5 years ago#10
I meant milking money that you are paying for the 3d effects. Even if you turn the 3D off you are still paying for it.

Hm..yeah. I see your point. The Wii is guilty of this. I enjoy the Wii but it is true its too based on motion control (And WM+ sealed that).
---
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Not a gimmick! :D

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived