Not a gimmick! :D

#1sackboypwnsallPosted 6/16/2010 1:15:50 PM
Its so nice to have Quality games with 3D in the title and not see it as a gimmick for a change. :)
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#2AP3BrainPosted 6/16/2010 1:26:36 PM
? Isn't the 3d part a gimmick?
#3SakurafanboyPosted 6/16/2010 1:27:23 PM
gimmick =/= bad

gimmick is just something added to that game to make it more appealing. So, yes, 3D is a gimmick.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#4whitexalbumPosted 6/16/2010 1:28:03 PM
^This
---
PSN: scionthedark
GT : Scion The Dark
#5ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 1:28:08 PM
Well, just like motion control, if everyone else is doing it, it can't be bad when used correctly, right?
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#6rytangoPosted 6/16/2010 1:29:17 PM
Yeah, it's a gimmick as it doesn't really offer anything substantial to the gameplay only experience.

It's one that I can actually stand tho since it isn't required or forced on you and you don't have to wear or use any silly peripherals.
#7AP3BrainPosted 6/16/2010 1:29:54 PM

gimmick =/= bad

gimmick is just something added to that game to make it more appealing. So, yes, 3D is a gimmick.

Yeah usually gimmicks aren't bad but are used to milk more money than the gimmicks are worth.
#8SakurafanboyPosted 6/16/2010 1:31:37 PM
Yeah usually gimmicks aren't bad but are used to milk more money than the gimmicks are worth.

That's why there's usually the option to not use them. I played tons of DS games and have been able to use the directional buttons or a/b depending on the situation and the game still be enjoyable. The same will apply here. Think they're milking 3D? Turn it off.
---
#9AP3BrainPosted 6/16/2010 1:34:16 PM

That's why there's usually the option to not use them. I played tons of DS games and have been able to use the directional buttons or a/b depending on the situation and the game still be enjoyable. The same will apply here. Think they're milking 3D? Turn it off.

I meant milking money that you are paying for the 3d effects. Even if you turn the 3D off you are still paying for it.
#10SakurafanboyPosted 6/16/2010 1:35:30 PM
I meant milking money that you are paying for the 3d effects. Even if you turn the 3D off you are still paying for it.

Hm..yeah. I see your point. The Wii is guilty of this. I enjoy the Wii but it is true its too based on motion control (And WM+ sealed that).
---