im worried about battery life

#1Triforce133Posted 6/16/2010 12:47:04 PM
they said that they are trying to get DSi battery life. hopefully that also means with the full 3d effect, but i don't know the DSi battery life has always seemed short to me. i know it's kind of unrealistic to ask for more but i wish the 3DS was going to have longer...oh well
---
Brawl FC: 0387 8435 7356
#2ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 12:48:28 PM
The DSi lasts about 6 hours on high brightness, 10 on low.

If 3DS lasts 6 hours on high brightness and full 3D, I would be happy, since I use middle brightness usually anyway.
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#3bandgeek4189Posted 6/16/2010 12:55:04 PM
If it lasts more than 8 hours on the lowest, I'll be satisfied.
#4MajorRagePosted 6/16/2010 1:03:31 PM
I'm more worried about getting my hands on one.
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
#5DarkKirby2500Posted 6/16/2010 1:09:50 PM
I hope Nintendo has learned their lesson on battery life. I was incredibly pissed when I heard the DSi had hours LESS battery life then the DS Lite. You don't "upgrade" a system with mostly gimmicks, then cut the battery life for the people interesting in the games.

I usually use middle brightness, high brightness is really high, only needed if you are for some reason playing with direct sunlight on the screen.

Nintendo is going to try to find the middle ground, but a better battery would mean a higher price which might drive away the casuals (as Nintendo would worry about) since most casuals don't really know the specs of the "DS" they are buying, they juts know this is the "new DS" they want.

---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>
#6Damaged7Posted 6/16/2010 1:17:36 PM
The issue isn't them cutting back on the power...the issue is all these new gimicks and features require MORE power to run. Thats why the battery life is shorter.

If you had two DSlites.....one normal, the other tricked out with internet connectivity, a camera, and a whole bunch other ebell and whistles...then you're gonna notice a difference in their battery life.
---
I need a new sig. Don't know what to use. Accepting suggestions.
Damaged67 = Truth Account
#7DarkKirby2500Posted 6/18/2010 9:03:08 AM
The difference in battery life was hours, about 2-3. Despite having all the extra stuff, if the extra stuff is not being used, they don't consume power, or barely consume power.

The lower battery life of the DSi is probably a combination of trying to keep the cost down and size and close to the DS Lite after adding all the other stuff.

---
The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.
<==]-<(-_o)>-[==>