I bet devs aren't lying about the 3DS's power

#51ozfunghiPosted 6/16/2010 5:09:34 PM
nobody says it's PS3. It can do similar effects the PS3 can do, but obviously, the hardware is a lot less powerful. Your trolling about Dreamcast level graphics is just laughable. Take a look at 1st gen dreamcast games, then look at your beloved example Kid Icarus and it blows any DC game out of the water. I doubt you'll find a GCN launch game that looks much better.

And by looking at the RE screens, that are real time (ok, it's a non playable demo), you see what effects the system is capable of. So we'll just have to wait to see how good the high end graphics can get on titles like MGS and RE in actual gameplay, but i'm sure it won't look much worse. Remember the Zelda GCN hardware demo? Link vs Ganondorf? Everybody said that the GCN could never do that "in game". Looking back after playing zelda TP, that demo ended up being a joke.

please compare

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvE3yJv3fm0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBRGtbXJYAs&feature=fvw

so once and for all, shut up about the non-gameplay demo, because you obviously haven't owned enough consoles to see how the tech demo's end up being surpassed 2 to 3 years into the lifecycle.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#52elheberPosted 6/16/2010 5:19:57 PM
ozfunghi, you should be careful about making assumptions about the history of people. I hear too much of that type of "argument" on the internet. And you posted a Wii video compared to a GC video.

Nobody is saying the 3DS is weaker than the PSP. He's just saying that there is no way that the 3DS is almost as powerful as a PS3 which some people (not on this thread) have said.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#53FenderMasterPosted 6/16/2010 5:20:30 PM
dude, you're the one trolling, and KI wasn't my "beloved example", Ridge Racer and Mario Kart were, and they do look between DC and PS2 capabilities. obviously not launch tiltles, but that's because developers are much more familliar with the technology, since it's been around more or less since 2002, of course the devs can get more out of it now. i never once said they looked like DC/PS2 launch titles, that was all you brah
---
SF IV Main: Zangief, alts Ken, Guile, Juri and Makoto
Weak like kitten
#54Golberg51Posted 6/16/2010 5:34:42 PM
I already know that all im saying is pointless since no specs have been released about the console, but i think it's power will be equal if not a bit higher than the PS2.
However, you also have to take in count that the size of the gamecards will be limited to 2Gbs, at least during the initial year of the console, which most likely mean less content than disc-based games.
---
What do I play? What's worth playing. What do I watch? What's worth watching. What do I Read? What's worth reading.
What do I live? What's worth living.
#55YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/16/2010 5:41:17 PM
Its probably WAY MORE POWERFUL than the Pandora handheld. You know the famous homebrew handheld called the PANDORA HANDHELD! Google it for those who do not know, its power rivals that of the dreamcast.

Pandora handhelds more powerful than the PSP itself but if we are going with the new 3DS with technology that is more powerful than the Pandora, IT IS NO JOKE!
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#56ozfunghiPosted 6/16/2010 6:01:10 PM
Fendermaster, you made a topic about it being equal to Dreamcast, lol. So yeah, that was you.

And Elheber, Twilight Princess has ZERO graphical upgrades for the Wii version. It's exactly the same as the GCN game, it just uses the wiimote.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#5701Philip01Posted 6/16/2010 6:05:12 PM
uhh,
yeah i think the 3ds power will be lower then xbox ps3 obviously.
but around the wii's but with like super rendering sexyness
---
Playing Games: Skate 2 (PS3) Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
New Super Mario Bros (Wii) Hoping to 100%, Wondering if to get SMG2
#58Arucard05Posted 6/16/2010 6:06:42 PM

Its probably WAY MORE POWERFUL than the Pandora handheld. You know the famous homebrew handheld called the PANDORA HANDHELD! Google it for those who do not know, its power rivals that of the dreamcast.

Pandora handhelds more powerful than the PSP itself but if we are going with the new 3DS with technology that is more powerful than the Pandora, IT IS NO JOKE!

The PSP is more powerful than the Dreamcast. Seriously, am I the only one who plaed Peace Waler, Syphon Filter, or God of War?
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.
#59FenderMasterPosted 6/16/2010 6:13:02 PM
i made a topic saying digital foundry found it close to DC in rendering capabilities, i merely agreed based on the playable demo footage (mario kart, ridge racer, pilotwings)

the only thing i truly disagree with is people stating it is close to PS3, or greater than Wii. Well, also whether the character models in RE and MGS are truly representative of in game visuals (i highly doubt it...).
---
SF IV Main: Zangief, alts Ken, Guile, Juri and Makoto
Weak like kitten
#60elheberPosted 6/16/2010 6:14:32 PM
And Elheber, Twilight Princess has ZERO graphical upgrades for the Wii version. It's exactly the same as the GCN game, it just uses the wiimote.

Not true. The models and textures were the same, but the Wii renders differently. Bloom lighting, water, lighting, widescreen, progressive scan, etc. Developers didn't have to add anything in particular, the Wii pretty much just does it on its own.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.