3DS effect simulation

#1ozfunghiPosted 6/16/2010 2:11:29 PM
Hi guys. I made a 3D render of a 3D character i did for work a while back, to give you an idea how the 3DS will work. I've seen questions about "will it just pop out" etc... Hence this topic, if you're interested, take a look:

look at this pic:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs045.ash2/35620_1396517524869_1590173012_30946184_1852321_n.jpg

make sure you copy the entire link in your browser (it's from a facebook account which obviously, i'm not gonna share, lol) so sorry for the long link.

Now place a sheet of paper between the characters on one end and in between your eyes on the other. You can make two paper rolls as well if you like, you just have to make sure your right eye sees the character on the right, and your left eye sees the character on the left.

Keep in mind your eyes will need some time to adjust, possibly up to half a minute (even after they collide, it takes a couple of seconds before you really start to experience it). The length of the piece of paper may vary, depending on the resolution of your monitor. For me, it worked with a regular sized piece of paper (A4) but the short end, being 21 cm or about 8 inches (if i'm correct).

The effect isn't huge, maybe i can make an other one if i have more time with more stuff in the background and foreground, and the camera angles further apart. But anyway, this might be cool for those of you who are interested. Give it a try.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#2MajorRagePosted 6/16/2010 2:22:16 PM
dear gawd man.... use something less creepy.... why would I want wrinkles jumping out at my face?!?!?!? It's like getting *******ed.....
I don't work at the docks anymore!!!!!

Where is the curvy boobles?
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
#3LyricaliasPosted 6/16/2010 2:24:07 PM
Whoa, that's pretty neat.

---
Yeah, I'm putting my PSN here. Wanna fight quikwit1212 about it?
PSN: Lyricalias
#4ozfunghi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 2:24:18 PM
lol, i just used a model i had lying around.

---
#5Devil_DanPosted 6/16/2010 2:24:38 PM
The effect is pretty good, but I believe the usual method of doing this is doing it cross-eyed. Right picture left an left picture right.
#6ozfunghi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 2:27:15 PM
Nah, crosseyed would hurt your eyes even more i think.

Anyways, the right eye has to see the guy on the right, and the left eye needs to see the guy on the left. You can photoshop it if you want if you think it works better crosseyed.

---
#7MajorRagePosted 6/16/2010 2:30:22 PM
psssh.... only noobs do cross-eyed method....
also, tc, find a booby model..
meh... n/m believe it or not there's plenty of "interesting" stereoscopic that are being made.....

---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
#8reaverzPosted 6/16/2010 2:30:25 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9reaverzPosted 6/16/2010 2:31:16 PM
Wow, I saw it! What I did was close my left eye and used one hand to cover the left picture, then shut my right eye and covered right picture with my other hand, then opened both eyes and focused on the image. Pretty neat TC...
---
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]
#10elheberPosted 6/16/2010 2:34:22 PM
I used to make pen drawings with that 3D effect. I'd draw objects from one angle, then a few inches to the side I'd draw the same object at a slightly different angle. The Magic Eye books got me into it that whole craze (and trained my eyes).
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.