Idea of what the 3DS will look like.

#1sniperman23Posted 6/16/2010 3:14:47 PM
I was talking to a friend who gave a pretty good point imo.

You know the IMAX 3D glasses we use now, not the red and blue ones. RealD also. Imagine taking that, except expand the lens to the size of the 3DS screen and place the lens over the screen.

The idea behind how Nintendo is achieving this effect could be similar to this, placing a 3D layer under the glass screen.

Someone help me out here lol.
---
Whoa Whoa Qhoa!
Giants Season is over!(8-8) Defense-What the Heck!
#2ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 3:15:36 PM
They use LCDs at different positions to send 2 different images to your eyes, forcing your brain to see them in 3D
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#3Der_BearPosted 6/16/2010 3:15:45 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4iLLsteezePosted 6/16/2010 3:16:55 PM
why did u make this thread if u dont know what the hell u are talking about

---
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9762/betcn0.png
CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT
#5MajorRagePosted 6/16/2010 3:17:06 PM
*facepalm*
I like how you're thinking, but you've got it all wrong....
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
#6sniperman23(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 3:20:40 PM
It wasn't what I thought, it was my friends thought. We weren't in a crazy detailed conversation...we just finished taking a final.

Are the facepalms really necessary?
---
Whoa Whoa Qhoa!
Giants Season is over!(8-8) Defense-What the Heck!
#7MajorRagePosted 6/16/2010 3:27:27 PM
just a quick note tc.... the lenses that you wear are two polarized lenses... typically it's one whose orientation is north-sound and the other is east-west. You can see this effect if you have an old calculator and a pair of those glasses... Also if you had 2 pairs of the glasses rotate them in front of each other and you can see them "blocking" the light.......
But really, with the *facepalm* you got off easy....
---
Playing "football" w/ hands, Bush elected into office (twice!), non-metric system, toothless gun carrying idiots. Oh yeah, we got our **** together...
#8OldDirtyCRPosted 6/16/2010 3:27:38 PM
Your "friend"? Seriously?

"Hey mom my friend got his girlfriend pregnant and hes afraid the parents will freak out. so how should he tell them without freaking out"

That doesn't make sense what you said though. Think about it. You have two eyes... each with a different color filter on each eye... Putting the different filters on top of each other over one lcd screen wont do jack.