3DS looks better than PS2 at this point in time (proof)

#1tYRE_602Posted 6/16/2010 3:29:11 PM
http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8370/74169392.jpg
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#2tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 3:29:28 PM
Launch game to launch game
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#3LostKingdoms_IPosted 6/16/2010 3:31:58 PM
except its a JPG, probably shooped with compressed source images...
#4ohh42Posted 6/16/2010 3:34:51 PM
I like this one better

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m8/RANDOM_DOG/mgs3ds.png
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#5spectermaster14Posted 6/16/2010 3:36:51 PM
Out of curiosity, what is that PS2 game?

This is an example no one can really cry about. Both launch games, both gameplay screens, neither is stretched to the point of looking like ass.
---
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
- Edward Blake
#6TediousMattPosted 6/16/2010 3:37:15 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if it's more powerful than the PS2 in every way. The best looking games on my PS2 really make it work hard and the amount of enemies on one screen would rarely exceed what I saw of Kid Icarus. This is assuming the 3DS is running Kid Icarus with ease and well within it's limits (which is usually the case with launch titles, but this is Nintendo...).
---
Yuji Kaido hates black people. And it makes Jesus cry. T^T
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o2/rascalous/PhoenixWrightPS3Sales.gif
#7tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 4:00:22 PM
Its the game "Extermination".
---
#8elheberPosted 6/16/2010 4:31:32 PM
You have to be wary of cinematic player models and shots. Snake might be very detailed in that 3DS shot, but he's pretty much the only thing in that shot. While the PS2 Snake picture might have been taken straight out of gameplay or during a scene where the backgrounds are detailed (although hidden behind Snake in the shot).

RE4 on the GameCube had a high res and high poly Leon Kennedy in the in-game cinematics. During those shots, all the processing power was placed on the high-res player models while the backgrounds were made as simple as possible.

It's too soon to tell exactly how comparable the graphics are to the PS2 or GC. You're free to guess as much as you want though. I just insist you use caution with pictures you find.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#9tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 4:35:26 PM
Well, nothing I said was wrong or incorrect.

At this point in the 3DS's development cycle, it looks better than the PS2 when it was at the same in it's development cycle.

That shot is in-game from the Kid Icarus game on 3DS, and Extermination on the PS2.
---
#10SirAwesomeXXVIPosted 6/16/2010 4:49:28 PM
You're aware of how old the PS2 is, right?