3DS looks better than PS2 at this point in time (proof)

#11elheberPosted 6/16/2010 3:51:02 PM
Yeah, but you have to also consider that Nintendo has a lot of experience with their DS hardware and dual ARM processor GPU architecture, while the PS2 hardware was brand new to Sony.

Sort of like how the Wii is actually a super-GameCube using basically the same architecture. Developers will quickly tap a lot of power out of the starting gate, while for the PS2 it took a long while.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#12tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 3:52:24 PM
From: SirAwesomeXXVI | Posted: 6/16/2010 4:49:28 PM | #010
You're aware of how old the PS2 is, right?

How does that matter?
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#13tYRE_602(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 3:53:23 PM
Yeah, but you have to also consider that Nintendo has a lot of experience with their DS hardware and dual ARM processor GPU architecture, while the PS2 hardware was brand new to Sony.

Sort of like how the Wii is actually a super-GameCube using basically the same architecture. Developers will quickly tap a lot of power out of the starting gate, while for the PS2 it took a long while.

The technical specs of the 3DS haven't been announced.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#14elheberPosted 6/16/2010 4:11:23 PM
There's no way they aren't using ARM processors. They've been using them since the GameBoy Advance. They've got pretty much all the development tools already set up. Heck, it's already confirmed to be backward compatible with DS games... so unless it has extra DS hardware inside or it will use it's different architecture to emulate DS software, it's highly unlikely that it isn't using the same type of hardware as the DS.

The Wii uses the same architecture as the GameCube. The DS used the same as the GBA. It's been their mantra since they found out the N64 was too difficult to program and develop for.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#15nintendomaniacPosted 6/17/2010 1:09:03 PM
Also it's pretty much impossible to find any mobile or handheld device that DOESN'T use ARM CPUs today. The only one I can think of is the PSP using MIPS.
---
Wii Code: 8374-5612-2233-9267