So its just a DS with better graphics and 3D top screen?

#21ShadowTheHHFanPosted 6/16/2010 5:22:45 PM
The touch screen was a " horribly gimmicky joke " when the DS was first released.

Now it's not.

Give it time, if it wasn't for gimmicks we'd never move forward in gaming and be stuck with the same exact stuff we'd have years ago with better graphics.
---
Brawl is like ZSS' breasts. Well rounded for casual players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helEmvwETHU
#22gundamdragonquePosted 6/16/2010 5:22:54 PM
Doomkilla it's silly to say the psp2 won't amount without seeing it just like saying 3ds will the best console ever

your twisted logic is that of an immature egotistic brat- naoto (persona 4)
mc x naoto SoulSilver FC: 0775 6648 4129 Digimon dawn FC:154878938513
#23elheberPosted 6/16/2010 5:24:27 PM
Motion control was "gimmicky" when the Nintendo Revolution was announced and well into the Wii's launch. Now Sony and Microsoft have joined the party.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#24RayHorakPosted 6/16/2010 5:25:42 PM
Now does that mean Motion control magically ceased to be gimmicky, or do Sony and Microsoft do gimmicks now?
#25gundamdragonquePosted 6/16/2010 5:26:50 PM
^ it's gimmicky because everyone do it
---
your twisted logic is that of an immature egotistic brat- naoto (persona 4)
mc x naoto SoulSilver FC: 0775 6648 4129 Digimon dawn FC:154878938513
#26AP3BrainPosted 6/16/2010 5:44:53 PM

It's funny with how angry the PsP board is. They're raging and making excuses left and right, I myself don't think Psp2 will mount to much considering the original PsP didn't have that high of sales in games anyway. 3DS would be the safer bet in my opinion.

It's funny how outrageously defensive nintendo fanatics are when people mention anything negative about their systems. I am not any type of fanboy but just have noticed this. 3D will be another gimmick that people will have to shovel probably an extra $50-$100 for. I do not think it will add really anything to gameplay because really try to think of a way it significantly would. The graphics for the portable device are pretty impressive though and Sony will definitely have to counter with PSP2 in at least the next two years.

PSP also did sell VERY well compared to other portable gaming companies. Sony were the only ones to compete with Nintendo on the portable gaming market. I suppose Apple is competing now if you can call those games...
#27DavCubePosted 6/16/2010 6:55:33 PM
So the PS2 is just the PS1 with better graphics and the ability to play movies. It doesn't add to the gameplay in any way. Once the novelty wares off i'm sure most will notice this.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube