Do you think this is the right time to bring out the 3DS?

#1CronoDynePosted 6/16/2010 5:42:33 PM
I know Nintendo, along with Sony, want to jump on this latest 3D craze, but is this the right time for it? Nintendo is kind of, you know... oversaturating their portable gaming market. The regular Nintendo DS, the Nintendo DS Lite, the Nintendo DSi, and just recently the Nintendo DSi XL. Imagine if GBA came out shortly after GBC. Or the PS3 a year after PS2 Slim. Nintendo needs to give this current generation of systems a chance to finish out its run. It may be the next step in the portable gaming world, but it's too damn soon. PSPGo did quite horribly, and it's not because it "sucked" as the Wii60 fanboys will scream out. It's because people already have their current gen pick of PSPs, and no one wanted a new one.
---
PSN and GT: OmegaDyne
Currently playing (as if you cared): SMG2, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Paper Mario
#2Bull__MoosePosted 6/16/2010 5:52:05 PM
The DS has had its time and it's time to introduce something different. The 3DS will fly off of shelves.
---
2010 New York Yankees: 41-23
2009 Cleveland Browns: 5-11
#3MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/16/2010 5:54:21 PM
It's arrived just in time for people like me, who just got a DSi yet feel like I've had it forever.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.