Graphics comparison 3DS vs Gamecube

#71HawkproPosted 6/17/2010 7:42:37 PM
True crap, complete bull. I have NEVER seen a tech demo that outdid the final game. The final game ALWAYS looks better than the initial tech demo. At the very least, it looks on par, but i've never seen one even on par, final is always superior. Prove me wrong though.

I was about to say the exact same thing. Remember the awful Final Fantasy 6 tech demo for N64? It looks like crap compared to MOST games on N64.

Also the Final Fantasy 8 tech demo for PS2 looked nowhere near as good as FF10 did.
---
PSN: alloftheabove14
ALT: SmellyMcFatPants
#72gransPosted 6/17/2010 7:54:56 PM

From: Hawkpro | #071
True crap, complete bull. I have NEVER seen a tech demo that outdid the final game. The final game ALWAYS looks better than the initial tech demo. At the very least, it looks on par, but i've never seen one even on par, final is always superior. Prove me wrong though.

I was about to say the exact same thing. Remember the awful Final Fantasy 6 tech demo for N64? It looks like crap compared to MOST games on N64.

Also the Final Fantasy 8 tech demo for PS2 looked nowhere near as good as FF10 did.


Aye, and check out what Link looked like in very early N64 tech demos-
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/zeldap6.jpg

Then you have Zelda's first tech demo on the GC back in 2000 (TP looks SO much better)-
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/zelda-demo-spaceworld2000/12.jpg

Mario Sunshine is missing all kinds of effects in the first tech demo (the video went into more details such as heat haze, uglier animation, and general worse looking things)-
http://www.unseen64.net/wp-content/gallery/super-mario-sunshine/marios58.jpg

Tech demos are generally always far inferior to the final product, i'd say about 98% end up looking worse than the final. The remaining 2% look no difference. No tech demo i've ever seen (and i've seen MANY) looked better than the final game.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#73rytangoPosted 6/17/2010 8:00:54 PM
And the Killzone 2 demo turned out to be pre-rendered. I wouldn't see why they feel the need to mislead gamers if the end result won't look the same or better, that'll only back fire on them.
#74ObturatorPosted 6/17/2010 9:24:49 PM
I will try to settle this as I have played it.

1) The graphics looks stunning. It looks beyond Wii level. To make things evenmore confusing, they are so crisp you would swear you are looking at HD (This is NOT an exaggeration).

I personally hate how 3d looks on tv's with glasses and was prepared to be underwhelmed. The 3DS stunned me. Of the several games and demos I tried each one amazed me. How they did it is beyond me but one thing is for certain, once you look at the screen there is NO comparison between the gamecube and the 3DS.

Heck, I am even having problems comparing it to the Wii.
#75ShadowMegaman1Posted 6/17/2010 9:46:49 PM
If the people who played this are saying the graphics are capable of being on par with the Wii, then I'll trust them.

Plus, think of this. These are just the tech demo's from an unfinished hardware. It can only get better from here. I'm telling everyone, this handheld is going to be a beast, 3D or not.
---
The Confederation For Ridley: Terror From The Sky.
#76ozfunghi(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 12:49:13 AM
Obturator
Posted 6/18/2010 6:24:49 AM
message detail

I will try to settle this as I have played it.

1) The graphics looks stunning. It looks beyond Wii level. To make things evenmore confusing, they are so crisp you would swear you are looking at HD (This is NOT an exaggeration).


I personally hate how 3d looks on tv's with glasses and was prepared to be underwhelmed. The 3DS stunned me. Of the several games and demos I tried each one amazed me. How they did it is beyond me but one thing is for certain, once you look at the screen there is NO comparison between the gamecube and the 3DS.

Heck, I am even having problems comparing it to the Wii.




THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////