Pretty happy with the product, but I expected more.

#1FlipManV3Posted 6/16/2010 6:25:23 PM
Before I get bashed, just read my points, please.

-A much bigger screen. The top screen is only as big as an iPhone screen. The PSP screen is still larger.

-Stylus. Styli devices and functions are pretty much outdated nowadays.

-No multi-touch. Most touchscreen electronics of 2 years of age support them now.

-No dual analog. Not that big of a deal, but that means the DS will still have poor support of FPS'.

-Overall design looks a bit of a step down from a DSi.

Still buying it on day one though.

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#2shadyelfPosted 6/16/2010 6:28:01 PM
What's multi touch? I looked on wikipedia but I don't really understand how it's different form what we have now.
---
?
#3Sparky_PersonPosted 6/16/2010 6:28:19 PM
-No dual analog. Not that big of a deal, but that means the DS will still have poor support of FPS'.

Because, of all three companies, Nintendo is obviously the company to go to for FPS.....
#4shadow_sakePosted 6/16/2010 6:28:54 PM
Well if you want a bigger screen there's always DSi XL,
I actually don't like bigger screens because it means a bigger DS,
I like them small, big ones are just to uncomfortable to carry around,
But they'll probably make a bigger version anyways so you won't need an XL =D
That's just my opinion bigger DS = No
---
[ -[_]- ] SS FC: 3996-8953-8440 Name: Luis (+ [__]-:-)
[+[_]::] E3 2010 was basically Nintendo teabagging both Sony and Microsoft.
#5rytangoPosted 6/16/2010 6:31:46 PM
Well since the super Nintendo this has probably been Nintendo's most varied selection of 3rd parties and has alot of the big name games already. A fps would be a no brainer.

What I see, is the touch screen being used to move the camera in the top screen, tap it to shoot. Of course I'd want access to the face buttons a more comfortable dual stick setup would offer.
#6PiemagicmanPosted 6/16/2010 6:38:37 PM
-A much bigger screen. The top screen is only as big as an iPhone screen. The PSP screen is still larger.

That's a personal opinion and subject to change. there's still a few months before the Japanese release, even longer for us. Plus, it's worked on all the other DS's, XL was just a WTF in my opinion.

-Stylus. Styli devices and functions are pretty much outdated nowadays.

You can use your finger, or something else. Don't expect a digitizer.

-No multi-touch. Most touchscreen electronics of 2 years of age support them now.

Once again, this is a possible feature, as well as a possible second touch screen. You can't judge an unreleased product. Multitouch would be hard to do with a HandHELD, you kinda need to hold it with something =p.

What FPS? RE and MGS I guess, but it'll be adapted. There have been no FPS games on the old DS, I doubt 3D makes all the producer think it's the FPS king.

-Overall design looks a bit of a step down from a DSi.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Nintendo3DS.jpg
It's a demo, subject to change. Really looks the same to me though.

Remember, there's still time for change, this is just for showing off now.
---
Self-Proclaimed number 5 Onion Knight Fan!!!
#7FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 6:41:49 PM

What's multi touch? I looked on wikipedia but I don't really understand how it's different form what we have now.

You can touch multiple things on the screen at once.

Because, of all three companies, Nintendo is obviously the company to go to for FPS.....

Not really what I meant. It's just more beneficial no matter the point of view. Also, MPH was very successful on the DS, they would benefit greatly from more FPS or a sequel in general.

Well if you want a bigger screen there's always DSi XL,
I actually don't like bigger screens because it means a bigger DS,
I like them small, big ones are just to uncomfortable to carry around,
But they'll probably make a bigger version anyways so you won't need an XL =D
That's just my opinion bigger DS = No

I meant bigger with better resolution.
The device doesn't necessarily have to be humongous to have a larger screen. They have 4.3" cell phones now.

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#8Majora006Posted 6/16/2010 6:44:30 PM
Multi touch is the only one that Is a good point out of the ones you listed

and to the guy who asked what multi touch it:
Get out your ds and go to picto chat use your finger nails to touch the both the right and left side of the screen simultaneously, the touch screen will start acting wacky and think you're touching somewhere in between your to fingers.
But if it had multi touch, it would register TWO different touches and put a dot where you touch with both fingers.
(you could just find two pen or something too and do the same thing)
#9ArsicPosted 6/16/2010 6:48:37 PM
Geez when will they finally have a dual analog handheld?