Why is this getting better 3rd Party support?

#11multiboy2k5Posted 6/16/2010 8:08:01 PM
This machine is so exciting that even I'm considering a developer's kit.

It's just an awesome and powerful piece of kit. It also seems easy to develop for as well.
Well, if you have the right amount of $motivation$.

---
"Your Focus Determines Your Reality."
#12tirkaroPosted 6/16/2010 8:09:54 PM
It gets better 3rd Party support because

1- It has suitable graphics for high-tier titles
2- New 3D tech to work with
3- It's like a PSP, but the games will actually sell outside of Japan.
#13YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/16/2010 8:11:21 PM
You know SPLINTER CELL CHAOS THEORY is coming unto the 3DS, thats what it says on the list.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#14InsicorPosted 6/16/2010 8:15:49 PM
Meh, I'll be pretty surprised if third party games sell well. Chinatown Wars, one of the best games on the DS, sold like absolute garbage. A GTA game...selling poorly. I mean, even those crappy ones on the PSP sold fairly well. Hopefully the general public will actually buy titles that aren't published by Nintendo.
---
I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind
#15BurgerTime79Posted 6/16/2010 8:20:43 PM

Meh, I'll be pretty surprised if third party games sell well. Chinatown Wars, one of the best games on the DS, sold like absolute garbage. A GTA game...selling poorly. I mean, even those crappy ones on the PSP sold fairly well. Hopefully the general public will actually buy titles that aren't published by Nintendo.

It's sad that Chinatown Wars didn't pick up more sales, and I feel bad that I just happened to get my copy on clearance at Target for $12.99. The PSP games weren't that bad, but of course since they were on the PSP you had that group of people that go "What?! A game on the PSP that I want to play?! How DARE they put it on the PSP! I'm going to fuss and complain about how horrible a choice that is on a message board until the company bends to what I want!".
I've seen people pull this with Dissidia, and more recently Peace Walker.
---
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC." -Phil Harrison
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152133.html
#16amano_hyoPosted 6/16/2010 8:43:28 PM
Because they can do a quick and dirty port of their popular 360/PS3 games (SFIV, Assassin's Creed, etc.), toss in a little 3D and watch the money roll in. Hell, they can port PSP games, toss in a little 3D and call it a day too if they want too. On a smaller screen the blockier models and low res textures aren't really a big deal.

Look in your heart, you know it to be true. Just as with the DS, Nintendo will be the only ones to really use the 3D to enhance gameplay in any meaningful way for the early part of the 3DS' life. And yet, even though I know this, I'm still excited to buy one at launch and am sure developers will do some clever things down the line with the new tech.
#17Hello10000Posted 6/16/2010 8:53:00 PM
One answer: The Wii, everyone was dogging it down, flaming it, ect. Then what happened? The Wii murdered the 360 and PS3 in sales to the point that the "lolcoregamerz" were winning on the Casual make and casual gamers cause they should to have more buying power. Nintendo decides to bring forth a new tech for videogames again and now those same developers want some of that Nintendo Pie Money.

The Wii proved that Nintendo's a force this gen(sales wise). Developers have a chance and now they are taking it.
---
There are nine circles of Hell. Limbo, Lust, Gluttony, Avarice, Wrath, Heresy, Violence, Fraud, and Treason.
Theres a hidden one thats called unemployment.