Graphical quality

#1OmunallPosted 6/16/2010 7:57:57 PM
Past all of the wow factor that this little hand held is showing, it seems to boast quite the powerful processing power.

Seeing the snake eater vid, and some screens of the resident evil game, i'm impressed with the quality. I would like to ask those of you that are more familiar with the exact specs of the system, how much do you believe this thing could handle?

I'm not surprised to see how resident evil looks in stills, especially considering the dev team has always found ways to play with shaders and the like, and while sort of pulling back from high end textures, they still give off the quality and depth of some of the titles that do use full rendering. This is quite nice, but seeing how snake eater looked...both are high end.

It's going to be new, and in it's early stages. The game cube started off nice, but ended quite well, just as the PS2 handled some later games. (Though microsoft had a quality that looked to be top end in the beginning, and ended up being matched or close to matched by other systems). The 3DS seems like it may be able to pull something like metroid prime: corruption, or maybe quality og Ninja Gaiden Black.
#2tYRE_602Posted 6/16/2010 7:59:41 PM
To be honest, it's very hard to say right now. We literally know nothing about the technical specs of the system. Once we know those, we'd probably be able to speculate much better.

Though personally, I think it might eventually be able to reach Wii quality graphics a couple years into its life cycle.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#3Omunall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 8:03:04 PM
Thanks tYRE.

I do hope that it can show some promise. Seeing at how the tech demos can show some heavy quality, i would love to see some power close to that of Capcom's new Monster Hunter, or even a 2D titles like Muramasa.

How do you think they could handle 2d games, such as side scrollers? I would think that would be an interesting style, having layered background that appear to move in front of your character, as if in the foreground, as well as a render in the back.
#4tYRE_602Posted 6/16/2010 8:06:03 PM
I think side scrollers will look excellent. Paper Mario already looks stellar.

---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#5Omunall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2010 8:08:58 PM
Hmm, paper mario. That would be an interesting look considering the idea they ran with the one for the Wii...

I have to play that game again. It came about around the same time they said that the KI developer was told about the 3DS. Just a random though, since paper mario was all about "going 3D", i wonder if they told us all about the 3DS and we didn't know it lol ;)

But reguardless, i think that would be cool to see that style run with a 3D depth view. Seemsl ike the screen does not seem like it pops out at you, but morel ike you can see inside of it and see depth inward, instead of outward.
#6levyjl1988Posted 6/16/2010 8:10:06 PM
Are the graphics on par with the psp?
---
Too many Games, soo little time.
Add me online: Xbox Live / PSN: levyjl1988 | Wii FC: 4573 9661 36954390
#7tYRE_602Posted 6/16/2010 8:10:47 PM
Are the graphics on par with the psp?

They're much better from what I've seen and what developers have said about it.
---