Does anyone think that Sony might...

#1StarstormsPosted 6/16/2010 8:57:59 PM
implement similar 3D features in their next portable system after seeing how well received the 3DS was by various developers? Or would it be too late at this point?
#2Hello10000Posted 6/16/2010 8:59:23 PM
Probably for the Psp successor they did copy Nintendo on the Motion control(but so did Microsoft).
---
There are nine circles of Hell. Limbo, Lust, Gluttony, Avarice, Wrath, Heresy, Violence, Fraud, and Treason.
Theres a hidden one thats called unemployment.
#3GSWarriors-Posted 6/16/2010 9:01:17 PM
They could make a portable PS3 somehow
#4Arucard05Posted 6/16/2010 9:03:22 PM
It's more than likely too late. And really, the 3D aspect of the device is what I'm excited for least. PSP will once again go for pure power.
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.
#5OmunallPosted 6/16/2010 9:04:14 PM
Of course. It's the new thing :)

Sony has a history of doing this. The N64 had a joystick, and sony's didn't...so they came out with the new sony controller, with 2 joysticks. The PSP was more of a competition thing, but seeing the wii motion controls, all of the sudden sony take a turn and shows off 6 axis. Now the "move" and the "navigator". They keep up with the times, and either try to improve or just implement the tech that Nintendo comes out with. It's actually genious, they don't have to think of something themselves, but they do cash in on the idea. Free enterprise :)
#6InsicorPosted 6/16/2010 9:07:24 PM
I hope they don't either. I'm more than happy with Sony pushing the graphics boundaries while having Nintendo have all the crazy experimental tech. That way the two libraries don't converge too much and we end up with more games overall to play.
---
I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind
#7PoliwrathPosted 6/16/2010 9:08:54 PM
The PSP Go! had a successful launch.

#8mgl2003Posted 6/16/2010 9:09:44 PM
Honestly, I don't see Sony putting much more effort in the portable market.
---
When life sucks, laugh at if for having a **** in its mouth.
#9Gaming KingPosted 6/16/2010 9:10:19 PM
LOL at the notion of Sony releasing another portable system.

And what Sony does, copying everything, is not at all "genius," because they always shoot themselves in the foot by overpricing all that ****.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 13
Number of little girls I need to slap in the face: 2
#10Arucard05Posted 6/16/2010 9:10:38 PM
I hope they don't either. I'm more than happy with Sony pushing the graphics boundaries while having Nintendo have all the crazy experimental tech. That way the two libraries don't converge too much and we end up with more games overall to play.

Smart man. While the PS3 and 360 share most of their library, the Wii has en entirely separate set of games. That says nothing of their quality, but I assume the 3DS won't be marketed to old ladies.
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.