My only fears about the 3DS are...

#1BombsumdodongosPosted 6/16/2010 8:18:39 PM
-Will developers be more concerned about the effects of 3D than the gameplay of a game itself. (Ex. 3D movies like Journey to the Center of the Earth. All 3D, little to no story)
-Will it cost $250? Or perhaps $200?
-Will it be as hard to get as a Nintendo Wii when the Wii was launced?
-Will the 3D hurt my eyes?
-Will it set Reggie on fire again? (Deserves it for E3 2008)

I'm sure these fears are irrational though. Plus, fear #1 is kind of the point of the 3DS...
---
There's no I in fun, but there's a U.
[AC:CF 3137-0691-5947 Town: Apotos Name: Neoleo / Has Wii Speak]
#2Slinky826Posted 6/16/2010 8:20:58 PM
3D can be adjusted on the fly for intensity or off all together.
---
God did not create Man in his image, for it was Man who created God in his.
#3Arucard05Posted 6/16/2010 8:21:17 PM
At first.
200$ seems likely.
Probably not. Unless they want it to.
Haven't heard that complaint yet.
Hopefully.
---
Our only enemy is the status quo. Our only friend is chaos.
#4Ode1stPosted 6/16/2010 8:31:39 PM
My fear, I guess, is that Nintendo seems to be releasing a new DS every year, if not sooner. So now, for viable/necessary in some way DS versions, we have the DS Lite, DSi (if there are still even any useful DSi games out there), and the 3DS.

It'll obviously still play regular DS games, right? How will the top screen translate to the 3DS? Will the image be stretched or will there be black letter boxes on each side to make the larger 3DS screen "scale down" to the regular DS screen size.

Also, assuming they're still making DSi-required games (I haven't been following really), there are now three tiers of DS games? DS, DSi, and 3DS? Seems like it might actually be confusing for the main market the DS targets (parents buying children products, the younger crowd, the casual crowd that probably isn't even aware of a 3DS at the moment).
#5mgl2003Posted 6/16/2010 8:32:52 PM
- With the big name developers/titles announced at E3, I'm not really worried about the gameplay quality. I'm sure there will be a lot of shovelware that ignores gameplay and uses 3D as a gimmick, but it won't be any worse the shovelware already on the DS.
- I'm thinking it will be $200 also.
- I hope not. Nintendo might restrict availability again, but if they do, I doubt it will last as long as it did with the Wii.
- You can turn it off if it bothers you and you still be able to enjoy better graphics than on the DS.
- No. Next time it will be acid.

---
When life sucks, laugh at if for having a **** in its mouth.
#6X_Roxas_XPosted 6/16/2010 10:00:25 PM

My fear, I guess, is that Nintendo seems to be releasing a new DS every year, if not sooner. So now, for viable/necessary in some way DS versions, we have the DS Lite, DSi (if there are still even any useful DSi games out there), and the 3DS.

It'll obviously still play regular DS games, right? How will the top screen translate to the 3DS? Will the image be stretched or will there be black letter boxes on each side to make the larger 3DS screen "scale down" to the regular DS screen size.

Also, assuming they're still making DSi-required games (I haven't been following really), there are now three tiers of DS games? DS, DSi, and 3DS? Seems like it might actually be confusing for the main market the DS targets (parents buying children products, the younger crowd, the casual crowd that probably isn't even aware of a 3DS at the moment).

Well they are still making PS2 games, and the PS3 is doing alright.

I really doubt any company is dumb enough to bother making DSi exclusives at all, especially now that we know it is going to be replaced within the year. IMO, the DSi was a last minute thought of Nintendo's, and they just pushed it out without realizing its uselessness.

So really, we are only going to have either DS or 3DS games, exactly what happens whenever a new system comes out. There are Wii and GameCube games, and it's not all that confusing as to which is which, so I don't see why having DS and 3DS games is going to be more so.
---
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like? ~ Devsman
#7PSI_GroundPosted 6/16/2010 10:02:27 PM
-Will developers be more concerned about the effects of 3D than the gameplay of a game itself. (Shovelware probably will)
-Will it cost $250? Or perhaps $200? (I expect 150.)
-Will it be as hard to get as a Nintendo Wii when the Wii was launced? (We can't exactly see the future, but probably. That's why you camp)
-Will the 3D hurt my eyes? (Do optical illusions usually hurt your eyes? The answer is the same.)
-Will it set Reggie on fire again? (No)
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#8emagdnEPosted 6/16/2010 10:11:36 PM
- With the big name developers/titles announced at E3, I'm not really worried about the gameplay quality.
you should be
---
Note to self: Cannon highly effective against flesh. -Mimiron
#9Bombsumdodongos(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 1:31:37 PM
"-Will it set Reggie on fire again? (No)"

Awww...
---
There's no I in fun, but there's a U.
[AC:CF 3137-0691-5947 Town: Apotos Name: Neoleo / Has Wii Speak]