Any ideas for a game that uses the 3D?

#1Captain_HammerXPosted 6/16/2010 9:40:21 PM
That is, a game that uses the 3D for something other than looking better. Is there any way for a game to utilize it, or is it just going to boost games visually?
---
-PCX
We also all have IQ's of over 120 when we're on the internet to match our 7+ inch wangs. -Hockey7318
#2coller23Posted 6/16/2010 9:41:20 PM
*facepalm*
---
Pokemon Soulsilver friend code- 3610-4839-6833
Interested in joining Big Mario Bros 4? Send a PM to Knuckles07!
#3PSI_GroundPosted 6/16/2010 9:42:12 PM
The 3D will be used for like, in a first person fighting game, if someone's punching you, there will be a 3D effect on the punch.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#4D NycePosted 6/16/2010 9:44:13 PM
Well, since it has a gyroscope and accelerometer they can easily make a game where you have to turn your torso, while keeping the DS in front of you to control the camera angle you're looking from. It can probably also detect if you're laying on your back, or if you're sitting, then leaning forward.

Plenty of opportunities to make unique and great games, especially with the camera system, mic, and touch screen as well. They can make a REAL rubix cube game, where you manipulate the cube with the bottom screen, and it shows up in 3D on the top. Racing games can also utilize that kind of tech, especially with a stylus. You can manipulate the top screen and objects in it with the touch screen.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#5PSI_GroundPosted 6/16/2010 9:44:23 PM
So it's like you're really being punched in the face!
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#6elheberPosted 6/16/2010 10:38:08 PM
I can think of very interesting game mechanics. For example in a StarFox game you could shoot bombs that explode on short fuses, the longer you hold the button the longer the fuse. Then you'd have to detonate them to explode near targets of varying depths/distances far in front of you. You'd judge their depth with just your eyesight and the 3D screen to time the bombs just right.

Or a top-down action game where you have a rocket launcher or other forms of explosives and send enemies and object flying skyward ("out" of the screen). You'd try to juggle them if you were really good. I suppose you could do the same with a soccer ball in a soccer game.

How about a third-person-shooter such as Gears of War where your crosshairs "float" in the air at where you're actually pointing instead of some vanishing point like normal games. Or a FPS where if you aim-down-sight you actually have to close one eye to look down the barrel.

More?

Ok, what about Metroid and Samus' HUD. Everything on her HUD would be "above" the screen while what she sees past her visor is "beyond" the screen. In other words, targets get overlayed with a floating reticule. Going even further, the depth of that reticule compared to the depth of the target is an indicator of when you should fire in certain weapons.

I swear, developers have SO many possibilities.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#7D NycePosted 6/16/2010 10:43:40 PM
Sorry to pick, but SF64 bombs don't need fuses. If you press B after you launch it will explode.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#8SkimGuyPosted 6/16/2010 10:45:56 PM
IB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wnB0AjHZkk
---
#9cklinePosted 6/16/2010 10:54:01 PM
Or a FPS where if you aim-down-sight you actually have to close one eye to look down the barrel.

But then you lose the 3D effect.
---
the fact is that signatures and jokes have no place on gfaqs. - abc729
Wii Number: 4679-4760-0162-3761 Pokemon Diamond: 4381-8448-6559
#10elheberPosted 6/16/2010 10:59:55 PM
Sorry to pick, but SF64 bombs don't need fuses. If you press B after you launch it will explode.

Hey, this is an idea thread. It could be any game. It doesn't even have to be in space. Chill.

But then you lose the 3D effect.

That's the point. It'd be hard to aim down a sight with both eyes open. It's like your body will do it on instinct, and it will naturally work.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.