So how does the system work, exactly?

#11lbakinbaconlPosted 6/16/2010 11:16:45 PM
you turn the system on then it plays games.
---
Csw. Bakin, Owner and Operator of Bakin's News Centre Since April 11, 2010.
CoD DS is dead. Join clan Csw @ xat.com/codcsw
#12BurgerTime79Posted 6/16/2010 11:20:57 PM
-Take an item, hold it in front of you, and focus in on it.
-Now close your left eye and see where that item is.
-Then close open your left eye and close your right. Notice the change in position of the item.
-Now keep both eyes open and focus on it again.

That's how it will do 3D. You focus on the screen and the system will very quickly switch perspectives at a rate where the normal eye will see both at the same time and perceive it as 3D.
At least that's how I think.
---
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC." -Phil Harrison
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152133.html
#13aamotPosted 6/17/2010 12:33:23 AM
^ "That's how it will do 3D. You focus on the screen and the system will very quickly switch perspectives at a rate where the normal eye will see both at the same time and perceive it as 3D.
At least that's how I think."

That sounds like a recipe for a seizure. It is the most plausible idea I've heard yet though

Also lol at puns
#14Sarick_LyrePosted 6/17/2010 12:59:00 AM
It isn't right though.

It's already been confirmed that there's two 400 x 240 images in the 800 x 240 screen. Each eye only sees one image while the other sees a different one. When 3D is off there's two identical 400 x 240 images.

Both pictures are always being shown to the same framerate at the same time. The screen is designed so it doesn't show both images at once to each eye and so you get what appears to be 3D.

Think of the below as the 3DS. R is right eye pixels. L is left eye pixels. T is touch screen.

RLRLRLRLRL
RLRLRLRLRL
RLRLRLRLRL

TTTTTTT
TTTTTTT
TTTTTTT

Of course there's more pixels. It's also in my belief that the most left pixel is a right eye one to make it look more solid on the screen, in real life though your nose would be blocking the view.

The pixels alternate and are only seen from the eye of their letter due to the physical construction of the screen. When the 3D effect is lowered the two images (which are alternating between each other) have closer angles. Until the point when they are identical and the 3D effect is off, with two of the same 400 x 240 images.

Also this means to check for dead pixels you need to close one eye to get a proper view. Which means no one will honestly let you return the system. Plus the pixels are so small.
#15BurgerTime79Posted 6/17/2010 2:05:07 AM
The rapid switching won't be something that you can conciously see. I'm not entirely sure that this sort of visual would even increase seizure. I mean, aren't monitors and TVs doing this same thing? I know older ones did, just not sure about newer ones. That's why when you see a monitor on amateur film you get that wave that crawls up the screen.
Most seizures I hear associated with flashes are ones you see with the naked eye, like that one infamous episode of Pokemon that had Porygon in it. Plus Nintendo warns about seizures to the point of annoyance these days anyways.
---
#16Sarick_LyrePosted 6/17/2010 2:17:15 AM
You can warn them all you want but it won't stop the seizure. Also monitors and things have caused seizures without that much stimulation by the way they work.

Your idea is still wrong.

They're not doing extra frames beyond what humans can see, they're doing extra horizontal pixels. They also mention one eye only sees 400 x 240 pixels. Which means half the screen isn't visible to the other eye. Therefore there's two separate images being shown to each eye from the single screen, by making sure none of the other pixels are projecting light to the other eye they form a 3D image.

It is the confirmed way.
#17BurgerTime79Posted 6/17/2010 2:26:15 AM
Yeah I was wrong, but at least I put out a semi educated guess that was at least close to how they're doing it. Rather than waste my time to crack a joke by saying it uses magic, as some people are doing.
---
#18ShadowTheHHFanPosted 6/17/2010 2:27:27 AM
" Yeah I'm wrong but these guys suck so pay attention to them "
---
Brawl is like ZSS' breasts. Well rounded for casual players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helEmvwETHU